Anyone know anything about Baseball Mogul 2008? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone know anything about Baseball Mogul 2008?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone know anything about Baseball Mogul 2008?

Postby ROC AllStars » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:24 pm

I'm looking for a strategy simulator PC game, and it seems that Baseball Mogul 2008 is the best option. Basically, I want to play GM for a franchise. What are the advantages/drawbacks to this game? I've been playing more graphics intensive games, but I hate to waste the money when I'm more interested in the strategy. Thanks!
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anyone know anything about Baseball Mogul 2008?

Postby J35J » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:45 pm

ROC AllStars wrote:I'm looking for a strategy simulator PC game, and it seems that Baseball Mogul 2008 is the best option. Basically, I want to play GM for a franchise. What are the advantages/drawbacks to this game? I've been playing more graphics intensive games, but I hate to waste the money when I'm more interested in the strategy. Thanks!

I don't have '08 but have played Baseball Mogul since '98. Great game! ;D .....if you go to Mogulsports.com you usually can download the previous years' game for free.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)

Re: Anyone know anything about Baseball Mogul 2008?

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:46 pm

I haven't tried the recent incarnations of OOTP but I recently got Mogul 08 and its a great game. It's something I can keep up on the desktop and play when I need a breather from working. My one gripe is that I enjoy the Manager mode and the current stable release has a lot of odd behavior: stealing bases, advancing on a ground ball, wild pitchers, balks, are all bugged. They are working on it but the current beta patches are messed up even worse. I'm still glad I bought it and looking forward to the next stable release. Simulation and GM mode seem to work without a hitch.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk