Dave Bush?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dave Bush??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dave Bush??

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:11 am

According to Brewers.com, Dave Bush is starting on Sunday in the place of Vargas. So there's no need to worry...yet. I've kept Bush all season, and I don't intend to drop him now.

After Capuano passed his test, Brewers manager Ned Yost lined up his starting rotation through the All-Star break. Yovani Gallardo will start Friday's series opener against the Cubs, then will report for bullpen duty until further notice. Ben Sheets will start Saturday in Chicago and Yost named Dave Bush to start Sunday over Claudio Vargas.

In Pittsburgh, beginning July 2, it will be Jeff Suppan followed by Capuano, Vargas and Sheets. Bush, Suppan and Capuano will then pitch in Washington as the Brewers finish the first half.

"We'll kind of re-evaluate things at the break," Yost said.

The most pressing question seems to be what to do with Gallardo. He pitched well in both of his starts since a promotion from Triple-A Nashville, but Yost believes that some time in the bullpen could help keep Gallardo's 21-year-old arm fresh for August and September.

"There's a lot of guys doing a great job right now," Capuano said. "Having too many guys for a limited number of starts, that's a great thing. If we have six guys for five spots all year, I think everybody is going to be pretty happy."
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nyrblue2 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:05 am

Nice, good news for patient Bush owners. I hope his trip to the bullpen didn't throw off his rhythm and he is able to continue his streak of good starts.
nyrblue2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby issaquah stud » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:52 am

If you'll remember, he did the same thing last year. A good friend of mine had him and he kept pointing out that whenever Bush would come out of the pen his next start would suck. Don't know exact stats but I don't like it, mainly cuz I'm a brewers fan not a fantasy owner.
1BPujolsHuff
2BWeeks
3BCabrera
SSPeralta
IFSoriano OFSizemoreAlouCocoRVlad
PRoyHMULDERCainMadduxVerlanderESCOBAR Liriano
RPNathanCoffeyPapelbonGagne
issaquah stud
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dundeeslugger » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:53 am

issaquah stud wrote:If you'll remember, he did the same thing last year. A good friend of mine had him and he kept pointing out that whenever Bush would come out of the pen his next start would suck. Don't know exact stats but I don't like it, mainly cuz I'm a brewers fan not a fantasy owner.

Wouldn't he have to have an unsucky start in the season for that to be a trend?
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby nyrblue2 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:23 pm

I looked through his game log from last season and only found 1 relief appearance. Granted, I only looked at the box scores of the games where he pitched very few innings without a lot of runs (few innings with lots of runs could be relief or start), so there might be more. But yes, the start immediately after that relief appearance was bad. He got lit up. It's tough to say that it will happen again this time because 1 start is not a sure sign of anything.
nyrblue2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby issaquah stud » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:44 pm

yeah, I did some more research to and here's what I found

I Split G GS GF W L S CG SHO IP ERA H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP
+-+------------+---+--+--+--+--+--+--+---+-----+------+---+---+---+--+---+---+---+---+
as Starter 32 32 0 12 10 0 3 2 207.1 4.25 196 105 98 24 38 2 163 18
as Reliever 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2.2 16.88 5 6 5 2 0 0 3 0

That's from last year. Not the prettiest of stats in relief that's for sure. and when you look at the good starting numbers I'm even more confused as to why the switch would happen.

Yost is right though, it's a good problem having 6 starters on your team...but not for fantasy owners
1BPujolsHuff
2BWeeks
3BCabrera
SSPeralta
issaquah stud
College Coach
College Coach

Postby issaquah stud » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:48 pm

and now looking at his next start after his 2nd relief appearance he did good. 6 INN, 5 Hits, No Runs.

To small of a sample of stats to tell. One good thing: Bush is willing to do whatever Yost wants so at least we'll know he'll give it his all and not throw a temper tantrum like some A-Hole players would.
1BPujolsHuff
2BWeeks
3BCabrera
SSPeralta
issaquah stud
College Coach
College Coach

Previous