Dave Bush?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dave Bush??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dave Bush??

Postby dooz » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:02 am

I am going to hold onto him but that's mainly because I traded a hot Germano for the slumping Bush. I was liking the deal and the improvement of Bush. This move seems to make no sense.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:39 am

This really irks me. :[
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby nyrblue2 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:23 am

Yea, this sucks. I was hoping he would be a draft-day steal. While he sure didn't live up to that at first, he looked like he was finally starting to figure it out. Not a great time to be demoted.

However, on the bright side of things, the starter for Sunday's game in still TBD, either Bush or Vargas will earn the spot (was the 5IP-4ER outing by Vargas last night enough to earn him that spot? I hope not...). I'm going to hold on to him, and maybe he'll even earn RP status in the meantime. How many appearances does he need to make out of the pen to get the wonderful "SP,RP" next to his name in Yahoo leagues?

Another glimmer of hope for Bush fans, bad news for Gallardo fans: "Whomever does not start the series finale(Bush or Vargas) would spend 11 days in the bullpen, Yost said, then would rejoin the rotation when Gallardo shifts to relief."
nyrblue2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:11 pm

nyrblue2 wrote:Yea, this sucks. I was hoping he would be a draft-day steal. While he sure didn't live up to that at first, he looked like he was finally starting to figure it out. Not a great time to be demoted.

However, on the bright side of things, the starter for Sunday's game in still TBD, either Bush or Vargas will earn the spot (was the 5IP-4ER outing by Vargas last night enough to earn him that spot? I hope not...). I'm going to hold on to him, and maybe he'll even earn RP status in the meantime. How many appearances does he need to make out of the pen to get the wonderful "SP,RP" next to his name in Yahoo leagues?

Another glimmer of hope for Bush fans, bad news for Gallardo fans: "Whomever does not start the series finale(Bush or Vargas) would spend 11 days in the bullpen, Yost said, then would rejoin the rotation when Gallardo shifts to relief."

The SP/RP eligibility won't hurt, but I've found it's much more effective the other way around. I like it better when my relievers get SP eligibility...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pangbones » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:52 pm

Where are you guys getting your info? From what I'm reading, it sounds like nothing is concrete!! This is from the Brewers website:

Right-hander Yovani Gallardo earned another start with a seven-inning stint against the Giants on Sunday, and will pitch Friday's series opener in Chicago. Ben Sheets will start Saturday, followed by Bush or Vargas on Sunday. Whomever does not start the series finale would spend 11 days in the bullpen, Yost said, then would rejoin the rotation when Gallardo shifts to relief. It's a move partially designed to protect the 21-year-old Gallardo's arm for later this season.

Sounds like Bush still could have a spot in the rotation, especially after the stinker Vargas pitched last night. Bush was available in the pen IF NEEDED yesterday, but it sounds to me like he should still start on Sunday.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby BBlinn13 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:57 pm

Pang is correct...have only heard Gallardo will move to the pen. Vargas stinker last night leads one to think that he is destined for the pen not Bush or Gallardo
[
BBlinn13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:12 pm

I came here because I've been finding the same thing, too. I'm glad I didn't drop him...whoever reported that he was cut from the rotation, what was your source?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby nyrblue2 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:31 pm

I started the thread when I saw Bush's Yahoo profile page say he would be available out of the bullpen starting tuesday.

ha_jai wrote:It's official. Bush is out of the rotation. Was hoping winning two starts in a row would save his starters job ... guess not. Anyone think he'll regain his rotation spot in the near future? Or should I just dump him now?

This was the first time somebody said he was officially cut. This was i response to him getting his start taken away for Friday (which was what Yahoo originally had in their system with the little carrot next to his name for that game). He probably read the same articles we did on brewers.com, but didn't mention that it was only temporary (until their ultimate plans of sending Gallardo to the bullpen came to be). Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure the first time it was mentioned on the Brewers page, it made no mention of Bush possibly getting the start sunday. So ha_jai was just reporting what he saw, though it might have been a bit premature.

We're all reading the same articles, so we all should know what is going on now, lol. Signs look good for Bush's return to the rotation on Sunday. In effect, his start will have gotten pushed back 2 days, that's all.
nyrblue2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deutschland » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:57 pm

well, Bush is on in the 10th in today's game.
deutschland
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby warrn2001 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:05 pm

Just saw Bush was in relief in the 10th, inning, what does this mean for Gallardo?
warrn2001
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates