Dave Bush?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dave Bush??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dave Bush??

Postby nyrblue2 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:48 pm

According to the Brewers manager, Dave Bush will be available out of the bullpen starting tonight (Tuesday June 26th). However, Yahoo still has him listed as the probably starter for friday.

I know Bush struggled at the start of the year, but I had faith that he would turn it around and he has had 2 strong starts in a row. I don't really see why Yost would make this move now...

Does anyone else have any more info or thoughts on this topic?
nyrblue2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dave Bush??

Postby dundeeslugger » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:57 pm

nyrblue2 wrote:According to the Brewers manager, Dave Bush will be available out of the bullpen starting tonight (Tuesday June 26th). However, Yahoo still has him listed as the probably starter for friday.

I know Bush struggled at the start of the year, but I had faith that he would turn it around and he has had 2 strong starts in a row. I don't really see why Yost would make this move now...

Does anyone else have any more info or thoughts on this topic?

That's funny because the latest info I've heard is Gallardo possibly moving to the pen. The manager said that Bush has been pitching way too good lately to take out of the rotation.
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby nyrblue2 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:02 pm

Yea, I had heard him say that last week too. But then I stumbled across this on the Brewers' homepage, as well as Yahoo reporting it:

"Bush threw back-to-back outstanding starts, but Yost said on Monday night Bush would be available out of the bullpen starting Tuesday..."

Hmmm...
nyrblue2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pangbones » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:09 pm

I read the yahoo capsule and was a little surprised. But after looking at the Brewers website, that statement was made, but it wasn't so cut and dry. This is from the Brewers website:

That seems to be the big question this week, and honestly, I am guessing along with everybody else. Chris Capuano is on track to return July 2 from his groin strain, meaning Gallardo, Bush or Vargas likely will be bounced from the rotation.

Bush threw back-to-back outstanding starts, but Yost said on Monday night Bush would be available out of the bullpen starting Tuesday, and there is some frustration about the fact Vargas can never get past the sixth inning -- two factors that could mean Gallardo is staying in the rotation.

Yost said Gallardo would start Friday against the Cubs, but has also said a move to the bullpen after that is possible. Stay tuned.

I have no idea what that means!! No other websites are even talking about Bush, so I'm not sure what this all means.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:25 pm

This would all be so easy if they would remove that decomposing carcass that goes by the name of Jeff Suppan from the rotation instead of moving out an improving Dave Bush.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Doughhead » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:53 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:This would all be so easy if they would remove that decomposing carcass that goes by the name of Jeff Suppan from the rotation instead of moving out an improving Dave Bush.

To me, the real question is "why sign Suppan in the first place?" With Gallardo likely to be ready sometime in '07, why go out and spend a boatload on a mediocre starting pitcher coming off a very successful post-season? The Brew Crew should have saved that cash and used it to add a veteran bat at the deadline. Now they have a log jam in the rotation. They are being forced to play a guy even when they have other, better options in house, just because you can't justify paying Suppan millions to be a long reliever. Milwaukee has done a terrific job making their team competitive and setting themselves up for long-term success. The Suppan signing seems like a braincramp to me.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby activechamp2006 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:09 pm

Maybe they're prepping Bush for closer duties. It makes sense considering this is that last year in Corderos contract, and I doubt they're going to pay him the money he wants.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:46 pm

Doughhead wrote:
Amazing Oopah wrote:This would all be so easy if they would remove that decomposing carcass that goes by the name of Jeff Suppan from the rotation instead of moving out an improving Dave Bush.

To me, the real question is "why sign Suppan in the first place?" With Gallardo likely to be ready sometime in '07, why go out and spend a boatload on a mediocre starting pitcher coming off a very successful post-season? The Brew Crew should have saved that cash and used it to add a veteran bat at the deadline. Now they have a log jam in the rotation. They are being forced to play a guy even when they have other, better options in house, just because you can't justify paying Suppan millions to be a long reliever. Milwaukee has done a terrific job making their team competitive and setting themselves up for long-term success. The Suppan signing seems like a braincramp to me.

Totally agree. They've built together such a good home grown squad and they squander money on a mediocre middle of the rotation guy like Suppan.

I guess that's what winning the World Series will do for ya. Same with Weaver.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Ursa » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:22 pm

dundeeslugger wrote:That's funny because the latest info I've heard is Gallardo possibly moving to the pen. The manager said that Bush has been pitching way too good lately to take out of the rotation.

Shifting Gallardo to the pen would be lunacy, IMO, and Milwaukee fans would be rightly infuriated.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby ha_jai » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:59 am

It's official. Bush is out of the rotation. Was hoping winning two starts in a row would save his starters job ... guess not. Anyone think he'll regain his rotation spot in the near future? Or should I just dump him now?
ha_jai
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates