Average Draft Position - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Average Draft Position

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Average Draft Position

Postby stabone76 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:35 pm

Does anyone know of a site that has an Average Draft Position, or average draft projection That is in a format that someone can sort on their own by dragging and dropping. Sort of like the JAVA format ESPN does for its PreDraft Lists for your teams when drafting? I hate writing and typing it out all of the time.

Like if you want to raise Jeter, you just select him and move him up, etc.?
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbird669 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:47 pm

I'd be very interested in knowing that too
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby kentx12 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:43 pm

I would like to know as well. I will bump this
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jbird669 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:16 pm

bump
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Re: Average Draft Position

Postby xeifrank » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:58 pm

stabone76 wrote:Does anyone know of a site that has an Average Draft Position, or average draft projection That is in a format that someone can sort on their own by dragging and dropping. Sort of like the JAVA format ESPN does for its PreDraft Lists for your teams when drafting? I hate writing and typing it out all of the time.

I'm not sure I understand what you want, or why you want it? Sounds like you want some sort of ComboListBox with all the players listed in it in some sort of projected draft order. Then you want to be able to adjust the order by clicking on something. Ok, that's easy to do... but after you have adjusted the order what do you want it to do? Are you planning on using this during a draft, or just to stare at? I could make something, if it were explained a little better. :)

vr,

Xeifrank

Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Re: Average Draft Position

Postby stabone76 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:34 pm

xeifrank wrote:
stabone76 wrote:Does anyone know of a site that has an Average Draft Position, or average draft projection That is in a format that someone can sort on their own by dragging and dropping. Sort of like the JAVA format ESPN does for its PreDraft Lists for your teams when drafting? I hate writing and typing it out all of the time.

I'm not sure I understand what you want, or why you want it? Sounds like you want some sort of ComboListBox with all the players listed in it in some sort of projected draft order. Then you want to be able to adjust the order by clicking on something. Ok, that's easy to do... but after you have adjusted the order what do you want it to do? Are you planning on using this during a draft, or just to stare at? I could make something, if it were explained a little better. :)

vr,

Xeifrank

Well, like everyone I change my order every day. Instead of typing up my list then having to delete and cut and paste etc. I want to just have a list of say, the top 300 players whatever, then just be able to drag it up or down to reorder the list. like if my top five is like this

AROD
Soriano
Pujols
Vlad
Beltran
(and on and on and on)
but decided i want to put beltran at number three and pujols at 5, i want to click on their name and drag it down to where i want it. Its alot of work to delete then insert and retype over and over and over. It would be easier to just drag up or down. Also, im afraid if i cut a couple people to move them somewhere else, i will forget to put them back. It would suck not putting someone back on the list then seeing someone right after you draft them because you didnt have them on your list.

Yes i would use it to draft from but also make changes all the time. That way by the time I draft next month i can be pretty confident i like my list and not have to worry about being prepared going in. (although i think ive already but like 30 hours into my list.
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby xeifrank » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:44 pm

That's easy to make, but still need more details. For a standalone program, first you would need some kind of text ascii file with all the players listed (in starting sorted order). Then the program would read in that list, put it in a ComboListBox, and you could move players up or down on the list... then when done you could save this sorted list to file, or even print out a report on it. Excel is pretty good for this kind of stuff, but like you said you might accidentally delete a player or have multiple copies of a player. What kind of information would you want available in this list, just name of player, team and position? How about stats? If so, which ones? You have to spell out the requirements.

vr,

Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby stabone76 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:58 pm

xeifrank wrote:That's easy to make, but still need more details. For a standalone program, first you would need some kind of text ascii file with all the players listed (in starting sorted order). Then the program would read in that list, put it in a ComboListBox, and you could move players up or down on the list... then when done you could save this sorted list to file, or even print out a report on it. Excel is pretty good for this kind of stuff, but like you said you might accidentally delete a player or have multiple copies of a player. What kind of information would you want available in this list, just name of player, team and position? How about stats? If so, which ones? You have to spell out the requirements.

vr,

Xeifrank

Well i suppose i may as well say and if you want to make it that would be great. I would want it to at least cover enough players to fill out a little more than a 12 team ML league (it would be cool if you had the option later on to select just NL or AL to sort them out that way too) I would like it to have the basic 5x5 stats mostly (from last year) It doesnt have to be any more than a ranking of of final rankings from last year. It can be the individual users own responsibility to remember to move up Unit, Burrell, Green, et al.
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:32 am

What I'd like to see is something similar to what was on ESPN last year. A statistical summary of the ESPN drafts from fantasy ball. Mock drafts are great, but unless you have a big sample of them, it's hard to tell where a player is likely to go. It looks like the mock draft central site will have these stats, but I looked at them so far and some of it just looks bizarre, evem though they report 100+ drafts completed.

How do I use this? Well, I adjust my draft order depending on how it looks like drafts are playing out in the real world. For example, I might be thinking of taking a guy in round 12. I notice that in mock drafts, he's almost always going in round 10. Sio, I have to question whether I really want him. Or the reverse..I'm thinking of drafting a guy in 12, and I see in the mock drafts that he's not going until round 18. I can probably feel safe taking someone else in 12 who is of similar value, then picking the other guy up in 16 or 17.

I also want a much longer list than is usually found. Since I'm in a 16 team 25 roster mixed league, my selection list usually runs 450-500 players. Most mock drafts stop way short of that.

So, that's what I need. A statistical summary of thousands of mock drafts that included 400+ players.

;-D
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers