I want to surprise my family with a last minute vacation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I want to surprise my family with a last minute vacation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I want to surprise my family with a last minute vacation

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:53 am

Anyone know any good sites with deals on last minute vacation travel? I usually plan stuff far in advance so they won't be expecting this at all. Any ideas/web sites with great last minute stuff cheap would be appreciated. Thanks.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I want to surprise my family with a last minute vacation

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:17 pm

Can't think of anything. Usually if I go on vacation spur of the moment, I just drive to Vegas. :D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:07 pm

What are the parameters? How many people, how old? What's the budget? Where do you like to go?

Etc.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:42 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:What are the parameters? How many people, how old? What's the budget? Where do you like to go?

Etc.

2 adults, 1 kid under 2. $1200 budget. Flying from Peoria, IL. Wife wants a beach. Can go any time.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby CadensDad » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:58 pm

Uhh cant remember the site but search last minute cruises on google/yahoo you can find some to leave out within a week on for under 1200

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:43 pm

We had a nice time at St. Joseph, MI a few years ago, beach house rentals are pretty easy to come by and we had a nice time.

A friend of ours parents owned an awesome place on one of the Kentucky lakes, an old funeral home turned into a bed and breakfast, or "Dead and Breakfast" as we referred to it, that had a big place, lots of room for several families w/ small squirrelly children. We had some good times there. I got into it w/ my wife recently going 'what the hell, of course you remember the water park in Kentucky' b/c I forgot she was on the DL w/ a brütal hangover....there's a lot of places down there though.

Another idea might be to head north. When I was a kid we went to Lake Nebagamon which is way up near Superior, WI, got cabins, drove boats around the lake. I recall driving my grandpa around in the boat while he swilled from a quart juice jar full of Manhattans. I can't wait to be a grandpa. The water is pretty darn chilly up there though. At my grandpa's funeral a couple of years ago, some of my mom's cousins stayed there and reported nice condos w/ hot tubs, etc.

Another possible trip would be the UP of Michigan. My wife's uncle owns a house up there, on land that was in his wife's family before the Mackinaw bridge was there. Good visit for a week, went to Whitefish point museum, saw the bell from the Edmund Fitzgerald, Sioux Ste Marie locks were interesting and also Mackinaw Island was an amusing day trip.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:44 am

i say head east and hit every stadium on the way. im assuming your wife is also a baseball fan of course ;)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:25 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Can't think of anything. Usually if I go on vacation spur of the moment, I just drive to Vegas. :D

Good man... I used to drive down to AC all the time when I lived in NJ.

Vegas is usually cheap and affordable. Plus you can gamble your way to getting some of the money back! :D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acapulco » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:20 pm

I think that vacationstogo.com is the name of the site that has deals on cruises.
acapulco
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tecmobowl12 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:34 am

the waters off Cape San Blas/Mexico Beach/Destin have been awesome lately. Destin looked like the Bahamas last month. That's an area of Florida to consider
tecmobowl12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk