Top 10 2b,How do you see it? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 10 2b,How do you see it?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Erboes » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:02 pm

stabone76 wrote:
Erboes wrote:Then what do you play, the Yahoo public leagues?

I don't think you should have a problem finding a league here if you are willing to put up the cash, although there may be some resistence from those intimidated by your prowess.


no i get in espn pay leagues, and win... you should try winning sometime, its more fun


You're doing a lot of talking, Stabone, but so far you haven't been committing with the cash.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1433
Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stabone76 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:16 pm

Erboes wrote:
stabone76 wrote:
Erboes wrote:Then what do you play, the Yahoo public leagues?

I don't think you should have a problem finding a league here if you are willing to put up the cash, although there may be some resistence from those intimidated by your prowess.


no i get in espn pay leagues, and win... you should try winning sometime, its more fun


You're doing a lot of talking, Stabone, but so far you haven't been committing with the cash.


just talking??? look who is talking, I'll get in a league with you and bet you as long as i know you are gonna pay up if you lose
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 309
Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wisconsin

Postby Erboes » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:23 pm

You can always find me at Rotoguys.com. You, on the other hand, I am pretty sure I would never see a plug nickle from. You want to be in the free league or the $200 one. What kind of bet over $200 would you prefer? I'd want your money before hand, but I am open to what kind of league you'd want.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1433
Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stabone76 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:42 pm

Erboes wrote:You can always find me at Rotoguys.com. You, on the other hand, I am pretty sure I would never see a plug nickle from. You want to be in the free league or the $200 one. What kind of bet over $200 would you prefer? I'd want your money before hand, but I am open to what kind of league you'd want.


Yeah right, like im sending money to you to hold
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 309
Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wisconsin

Postby Erboes » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:46 pm

All talk, Stabone.

I'm not going anywhere. I'm nearing a thousand posts and I have an internet business you can hound me if something happens, and if I did something foolish like keeping the money it would destroy my credibiliy in my business. You'll have my address in which to mail the cash as well. Besides, $200-$500 bucks is nothing. I usually win much more than that yearly playing this game. And I'm 39, and that type of money is nothing more than a night out with the wife. And we're not teenagers anymore, Stabone, are we?

I'm going to be sending out a check for $200 to Wrveres here soon for that league and I have no problem trusting him. If you want you could try to get into that league. I'm assuming we're both adults here so we should be able to work something out.

Stabone, I'll give you a bit of advice, you are in over your head. I don't want to take your money because it is evident you need it more than me. If you want to do this I will do it, but I don't feel good about it. I'm sure this will incite you to run your mouth more, but stop making a fool of yourself and either take my advice and back out or accept. It was your challenge, not mine. I'm just taking you up on it.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1433
Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mrt19167 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:45 pm

Anyone who has Alomar in thier top 10 (even top 15) should be thinking about 2005.
Mrt19167


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Erboes » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:21 pm

Mrt19167 wrote:Anyone who has Alomar in thier top 10 (even top 15) should be thinking about 2005.


Another baseball genius.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1433
Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ramble2 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:35 pm

Stabone, next time you place an order at the Cafe, why not try 'decaf'. There's a ton of great info here. Deep breaths, man, deep breaths.

And playing in public leagues (even if they are pay leagues on ESPN) offers nowhere near the competition of a private league with competitive players. Once you start looking around the site, I think you'll find that the folks here tend to be both (i) far more involved and (ii) smarter about fantasy baseball than your average public league player. I'd guess that most of the regulars around here pretty easily finish in the top 3 of any public league - and probably win upwards of 90% of public leagues (pay or otherwise).

Perhaps I'm also a mental marshmallow, but ranking with $ values makes perfect sense to me. It's not necessary, but it's informative.

Erboes - the new model of restraint. :-D I love it.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 2952
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 27 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Salt Lake City

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:46 pm

Don't let them shut you up Staboner.

I, for one, don't think that you are mental midget and I appreciate your well thought out, reasonable and articulate posts.

fight the power!

btw - whatever forum you choose to air out this dispute, make sure that you post a link in the cafe so that we can all visit and bask in the glory of your fantasy baseball prowess.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby stabone76 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:59 pm

Erboes wrote:All talk, Stabone.

I'm not going anywhere. I'm nearing a thousand posts and I have an internet business you can hound me if something happens, and if I did something foolish like keeping the money it would destroy my credibiliy in my business. You'll have my address in which to mail the cash as well. Besides, $200-$500 bucks is nothing. I usually win much more than that yearly playing this game. And I'm 39, and that type of money is nothing more than a night out with the wife. And we're not teenagers anymore, Stabone, are we?

I'm going to be sending out a check for $200 to Wrveres here soon for that league and I have no problem trusting him. If you want you could try to get into that league. I'm assuming we're both adults here so we should be able to work something out.

Stabone, I'll give you a bit of advice, you are in over your head. I don't want to take your money because it is evident you need it more than me. If you want to do this I will do it, but I don't feel good about it. I'm sure this will incite you to run your mouth more, but stop making a fool of yourself and either take my advice and back out or accept. It was your challenge, not mine. I'm just taking you up on it.


Give me some details of the pay league
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 309
Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact