Top 10 2b,How do you see it? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 10 2b,How do you see it?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Erboes » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:21 pm

"Mental marshmallow". That's actually pretty funny.

Whether you have an auction or draft, the dollar values act as a way for you to rank players, but instead of using a simple sequential method, dollar values let you see how far apart each player is. For example, if a player is valued at $40 and the second best player at that position is $32, that is a more accurate way to determine their true value then going simply #1 and #2. Similarly, if the top ranked 3B is at $30 but the best 2B is at $40, you'll know that the best 2B is worth picking in the first round and the top 3B is not.

I see no better way of projecting then putting a dollar value on players. Even if I did, would it be worth it if no one could understand it? It's the universally accepted method in fantasy baseball. Why you are taking your dislike for it out on me I have no idea, but maybe you should get a girlfriend who'll listen to all the injustices in the world instead of laying on our laps.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:55 pm

stabone76 wrote:
Erboes wrote:Arg, Stabone, your logic is driving me crazy.

$ values are used to rank players and use them as a guide for auctions. Is there anyone else here at the Cafe who doesn't know this? Good heavens, Stabone, it's like I'm teaching remedial fantasy baseball here. And you think I'm new? Man, that's funny.

you mental marshmellow, i know its for auctions, I SAID THAT TO YOU. A draft IS NOT AN AUCTION!!! If i got in a league with you i would tear you up

This guy is precious.

Get an avatar and stick around for a while.
Hey Starbone - do you play for money?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby stabone76 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:52 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
stabone76 wrote:
Erboes wrote:Arg, Stabone, your logic is driving me crazy.

$ values are used to rank players and use them as a guide for auctions. Is there anyone else here at the Cafe who doesn't know this? Good heavens, Stabone, it's like I'm teaching remedial fantasy baseball here. And you think I'm new? Man, that's funny.

you mental marshmellow, i know its for auctions, I SAID THAT TO YOU. A draft IS NOT AN AUCTION!!! If i got in a league with you i would tear you up

This guy is precious.

Get an avatar and stick around for a while.
Hey Starbone - do you play for money?

I will play anyone for money big talker. i have never finished worse than third and have won about 40 percent of all of my leagues....

i dont mean to be a dick but if things dont make sense i cant just sit here and let you sound like you know what you are doing.
Hey mookie, i will bet you any amount of money in a regular league with anyone as long as its fair i will beat you.....
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stabone76 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:55 pm

actually. to all of you.. lets get a 10 or 12 team ML league going, pay league. Anyone know a way to set it up so you dont have to worry about someone just pocketing the money????
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:32 am

Gee, Stabone. Life not treating you nicely?

Calm down. I'm willing to bet that you could get a league going if you really wanted to. I'm sure that there's a service out there that will hold your money until the end of the season. Google it. And calm down.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:36 am

I'll hold the money.

Make sure all checks are made out to "cash". ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Erboes » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:07 am

I still don't know what you're all hot about. You're the one who is calling me a mental marshmallow and I, as always, am the model for restraint.

There are two leagues going on now, one I am heading up. That one may have two openings but is a free league. If I can get you in we can place a bet for between $200-500 on who'll finish better. Nothing lower because it would not be worth it to listen to your mouth for 6 months. There is one more that I am in that has an entrance fee of $200 but that is filled up. They can probably use an alternate though, so if you're interested in it contact Wrveres.

I'd be careful about running your mouth around here because there are some good players who frequent the Cafe. You may be a top dog in the league with your buddies but you may get yourself into a situation of facing people who do this stuff more than just recreationally. If you think you are good enough then I'd suggest you put the money up and put it to the test; otherwise, just shutup already.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stabone76 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:12 am

Erboes wrote:
I'd be careful about running your mouth around here because there are some good players who frequent the Cafe. You may be a top dog in the league with your buddies but you may get yourself into a situation of facing people who do this stuff more than just recreationally. If you think you are good enough then I'd suggest you put the money up and put it to the test; otherwise, just shutup already.

I dont play with my "buddies" only one person i know knows anything about baseball.

As to the "good players that frequent the cafe" here is my scared face :-°
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Erboes » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:43 am

Then what do you play, the Yahoo public leagues?

I don't think you should have a problem finding a league here if you are willing to put up the cash, although there may be some resistence from those intimidated by your prowess.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stabone76 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:00 pm

Erboes wrote:Then what do you play, the Yahoo public leagues?

I don't think you should have a problem finding a league here if you are willing to put up the cash, although there may be some resistence from those intimidated by your prowess.

no i get in espn pay leagues, and win... you should try winning sometime, its more fun
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers