I can catch up to 1st with this team right? THIS JUST IN...* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I can catch up to 1st with this team right? THIS JUST IN...*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I can catch up to 1st with this team right?

Postby RyAn 6 HoWaRd » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:55 pm

You could try to trade Andruw Jones for a closer. If someone is completly unaware of how much he sucks right now then im sure you could get a nice closer.

RyAn 6 HoWaRd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I can catch up to 1st with this team right? THIS JUST IN...*

Postby dal8uga » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:58 pm

This just happened...
Gorzellany was dropped. Do i drop someone and pick him up? If so, who?

Also, I offered a trade to someone...Hawpe for Harang...although he prob will counter with Bedard. Good offer?

And I have been trying to move Andruw...absolutely no bites.

Special thanks to smoovethug for this awesome sig
dal8uga
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dal8uga » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:02 pm

I just got his Bedard for my Hawpe...I feel pretty good about that. Andruw finally hit a HR tonight :-° . Should I pick up Gorzellany off the FA list? If so, who do i drop? (see team in first post)

dal8uga
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tim10966 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:01 am

I think you have a slight edge in hitting, although it's pretty close. I would guess that neither of your teams are the best hitting teams in the league. Both of your lineups have many batters who are good, but not the top players at that position. Your best asset is your outfield, even without Jones.

I do think he has better pitching, but the good news is pitching is easier to fix in-season than hitting, especially scarce positions like the infield. Keep an eye on the latest news, who is being called up, being transferred to a more important role, etc.

This might be a little risky, but I'd be tempted to dangle a great pitcher like Webb for a stud hitter in return. It might be the kind of bold move that makes or breaks your team. As it stands now, I think it's possible to win with that lineup, just not very likely unless you make a couple excellent moves.
tim10966
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby tim10966 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:05 am

Sorry, I didn't see page two of the posts. Yes, I would drop Lyon and pick up Gorzellany without hesitation.

I wouldn't have traded Hawpe for Bedard because I generally advocate trading pitching for hitting. That being said, he won't be too difficult to replace since you can pick up any hitter for utility. I hope Bedard comes through for you. Good luck!
tim10966
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dal8uga » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:38 am

tim10966 wrote:I think you have a slight edge in hitting, although it's pretty close. I would guess that neither of your teams are the best hitting teams in the league. Both of your lineups have many batters who are good, but not the top players at that position. Your best asset is your outfield, even without Jones.

I do think he has better pitching, but the good news is pitching is easier to fix in-season than hitting, especially scarce positions like the infield. Keep an eye on the latest news, who is being called up, being transferred to a more important role, etc.

This might be a little risky, but I'd be tempted to dangle a great pitcher like Webb for a stud hitter in return. It might be the kind of bold move that makes or breaks your team. As it stands now, I think it's possible to win with that lineup, just not very likely unless you make a couple excellent moves.

I actually am leading in HR, R, RBI, and am 3rd in AVG, and 4th in OBP

dal8uga
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dal8uga » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:56 am

tim10966 wrote:Sorry, I didn't see page two of the posts. Yes, I would drop Lyon and pick up Gorzellany without hesitation.

I wouldn't have traded Hawpe for Bedard because I generally advocate trading pitching for hitting. That being said, he won't be too difficult to replace since you can pick up any hitter for utility. I hope Bedard comes through for you. Good luck!

I cant lose Lyon, we count HLDS in this league. He and Betancourt are my holds guys. How does my team look after the trade for Bedard..10 team roto league, 2 keepers, R, HR, RBI, SB, K, AVG, OBP...W, L, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

My team:
C- K. Johjima
1B- J. Morneau
2B- P. Polanco
3B- M. Lowell
SS- Br. Harris
OF- C. Hart
OF- C. Crawford
OF- A. Rios
Util- Ad. Gonzalez
Util- R. Willits
BN- T. Wigginton
BN- A. Jones
BN- M. Tejada (DL)
SP- B. Webb
SP- E. Bedard
RP- C. Ray
RP- J. Isringhausen
P- A. Embree
P- B. Lyon
P- R. Betancourt
BN- J. Beckett
BN- J. Guthrie
BN- B. Hennessey
BN- J. Germano
DL- H. Street
DL- J. Speier

Leave your link...

dal8uga
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tim10966 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:59 am

Since your league counts holds, I can see holding on to Lyons. Then it's much more tricky in deciding who to drop for Gorzellany. I'm not a huge believer in Germano if you look at his career numbers, including the minors, but he is pitching well so far and having Petco as his home park definitely helps too. The only other possibility I see is Wiggington, since you can probably find a comparable hitter in the FA pool. On the other hand, he is versatile, so that's a tough call too. Gorzellany is a bona fide talent though, so I'm assuming someone will pikc him up if you don't.

I'm surprised that your team ranks that high in some of the hitting categories, especially HR's and RBI's. I look a deeper look at some of your players though and they are surpassing their career norms and hopfully they can keep it up. I do like the fact that most of your hitters are younger players who are on the rise in their careers, so it is possible they will continue hitting in the second half for you.

One other note-Jones is too good a hitter to b stuck around the Mendoza line for long. His value is too low right now to trade him for a comparable player, so I would do exactly what you're doing right now. Just keep him on your bench until he heats up, then he will definitely help you in the power categories. Good luck!
tim10966
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dal8uga » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:14 pm

So I guess the consensus is to not pick Gorz up, since I have no one to drop? Any one else want to weigh in? What about Hennessey, could I drop him? I know you're not supposed to drop closers, but he hasnt done much, and San Fran doesnt win a whole lot. Would that be smart in order to get Gorz?

Ya, I am barely leading in HR and RBI. I have a pretty big lead in R though. I'm 9th out of 10 in SB, 3rd in batting K, 4th in W, 9th in L, 6th in SV, 5th in pitching K, 7th in ERA, 8th in WHIP.

I recently got Hart and Willits to help my SB cat, since Crawford hasnt done much. Losing Hawpe in the Bedard trade hurts me a little in batting stats, but def helps my Pitching K, ERA, and WHIP. When Jones picks it up, and Tejada gets healthy, my batting should stay ahead of the pack. When Street comes back, I should pick up some on SV, although Embree has been doing a good job.

Any more help would be appreciated, and dont forget to leave your link...
Thanks

dal8uga
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team