Need some minor legue trade advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Need some minor legue trade advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some minor legue trade advice

Postby Is_it_the_shoes? » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:13 am

Im currently out of the running for winning my league...time to clean house and get some good signed contracts. I have two offers and was wondering which of the two is better. Im the team dealing Kazmir in each deal. In order to resign, contracts are doubled upon expiration.

Offer 1:

Scott Kazmir- $5.75/ 2 years (At most he'd be resigned for 1 more year. Johan and Peavy are $20.00)
Adam LaRoche- $1/ 1 year
Iguchi- $0.50/ 2 years

for

Jason Jennings- $2.25/ 2 years
Chuck Lofrgren- $0.25/ 3 years
BJ Upton- $1.75/ 2 years

Offer 2:

Garza- $2.25/ 3 years
Humber- $0.75/ 3 years

for

Kazmir- $5.75/ 2 years
Blalock- $5.25/ 1 year (no one will resign him)

So far I am leading towards the second deal. Im giving up some good contracts in the first and Upton will most likely only be OF eligible next year. My roster currently has- Granderson, Teahen, Holliday, Quentin, Bruce and McCutchen locked up for awhile.

So i guess my real question is do you think Garza and Humber are worth it for Kazmir and what types of careers and ETA do they have.
Is_it_the_shoes?
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some minor legue trade advice

Postby Uncle Whiskey » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:06 pm

Well first off, Upton would be eligible at 2nd not the outfield if his season was done today. He's played 48 games at 2nd and 8 in the Outfield. So even if he plays the outfield the rest of the way after he comes back from the DL, he will have more than enough games to qualify for 2nd base next year.

I don't know what your second base situation is like, but I would have to look into making the first deal. First off you get Upton, who is going to be a potential 20/20 guy every season. Then you get Jennings who I know is on the DL right now, but is a pretty decent pitcher when healthy. Plus he's a FA at the end of the year and might land himself in a better situation than pitching in Houston. I like Chuck Lofgren but chances are he won't see the Show until the middle of next year.
Uncle Whiskey
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Is_it_the_shoes? » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:00 pm

Upton will only be eligible at the position he will start at next season, which will be OF. If for some reason he is playing 2nd, I already have Kinsler, who has awakened again. For Upton to qualify at any other position he needs to play 40 games. Eligibility is not based on previous years, but the opening day depth chart/rosters.

This is a points league, not a roto, so the steals don't mean too much.

Talent wise, the first deal is probably better, but I am also giving up more. Garza will probably get up this year and Humber next year. Any other thoughts?
Is_it_the_shoes?
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stealthdevil » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:10 pm

Personally, I'm not that big on Garza or Humber. They could prove me wrong, but I don't see either doing much. Garza has a fastball and nothing else, at this point, and he's having trouble developing complimentary pitches. Humber I don't see as being more than maybe a #3 type pitcher. I see Upton as being an ARod type player in a couple years, so I would go get him. Again, just my opinion.
stealthdevil
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball