BJ Upton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

BJ Upton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: BJ Upton

Postby EWSPECIALTY » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:07 am

Anyone know how he did in the minor league game? Curious to know his results and playing time.
EWSPECIALTY Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Biohazard1454 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:10 am

I looked it up this morning, he played 5 innings and went 0-3. Not too encouraging, but hopefully he'll be back up in the bigs next week playing like he was.
Biohazard1454
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby King Tim » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:55 am

B.J. Upton, 2B, Tampa Bay Devil Rays Saturday 6/30, 8:36 AM CT

B.J. Upton didn't take part in what was to supposed to be his second rehab game on Friday. He was held out due to fatigue after playing five innings on Thursday, according to the St. Petersburg Times. "He was a little sore and a little fatigued, so we didn't want to push it, " manager Joe Maddon said. "I don't think it's a huge setback." Better the Rays play it safely with Upton's strained quadriceps than risk a setback. Nonetheless, he might not be ready Tuesday as had been hoped.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby King Tim » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:39 am

Any news on tonight? I saw he had 2 AB and got pulled. I hope he didn't tweak it again.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rainman23 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:02 am

Man, this is frustrating. This injury has lingered from the beginning. He's always just a few more days from returning. It's like that effect in the movies where you're walking towards the door, and it keeps getting farther and farther away. And now he's "fatigued" after playing a few innings? Bizarre....
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mhemm » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:18 pm

He went 1 for 3 tonight with a home run before being taken out in the 8th for a pinch hitter thats batting .202? Don't understand that last move, but at least he got a hit.
mhemm Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BJSFAN123 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:54 pm

Upton reported stiffness in his left quad Monday morning after playing six innings at second base on Sunday night while on minor league rehab for the Devil Rays, the St. Petersburg Times reports.
Spin: According to the report, Upton will take part in pregame work at Triple-A Durham on Monday night and will be a game-time decision there. Rays manager Joe Maddon said Monday that Upton still might need to play in a couple more games before he can rejoin the Rays, so it's now possible Upton won't come off the DL until Thursday at Boston or Friday at Kansas City.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 197)

Postby Vladiator » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:10 pm

I love watching Upton play--and I realize that his game is based on speed, he's got a career to protect, etc. But could this kid be any softer? "Fatigue" and "stiffness"? C'mon. It's a freaking sore leg. We need Ty Cobb's ghost to smack him upside the head here! :-b
Vladiator
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rainman23 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:47 pm

I can't imagine why they would consider bringing him back before the All Star Game now. Obviously it's been a more complex injury all along than they were assuming. Why bring him back for a couple games, maybe break him again, when you've got that nice layoff dead ahead? Unless five more days of rest will feed that "fatigue" thing...
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ryno23 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:15 pm

I've played with Upton in my MI slot the entire time he's been out, because we only have 1 DL spot (Carpenter) and I don't have anybody else that I'd want to cut for some temporary MI help (slim pickings, anyway). It hasn't hurt me, yet, but this is getting ridiculous. When do we get to the point that he's waivable?
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates