minimum innings pitched - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

minimum innings pitched

minimum innings pitched

Postby slowday » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:56 pm

This is my first year playing fantasy baseball. I had a post that reccommended I watch my max innings pitched which I am now doing. In the Yahoo points 5x5 leagues, is there a minimum number of innings a team has to make during a season? Is it possible to go with four very solid SPs and spot start the fifth against weaker teams and only rack up, say around a thousand innings?

Slowday
slowday
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: minimum innings pitched

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:06 am

don't believe there's a minimum innings pitched in points or roto leagues. I guess you could theoretically never use a single inning of your allotment and still be able to play all season long (though, of course, your chances of winning are slim)
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Re: minimum innings pitched

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:20 am

slowday wrote:This is my first year playing fantasy baseball. I had a post that reccommended I watch my max innings pitched which I am now doing. In the Yahoo points 5x5 leagues, is there a minimum number of innings a team has to make during a season? Is it possible to go with four very solid SPs and spot start the fifth against weaker teams and only rack up, say around a thousand innings?

Slowday

In roto and points leagues, there is usually a max IP. I have never seen a minimum. That's usually reserved for H2H leagues so that people don't just pitch a dominant closer for a day and win the ratio cats. In leagues with a max IP, you want to hit that amount over the course of the season. If you come up short, you are leaving a lot of points on the table. With a max of 1,250 IP, I usually like a mix of 5 SP and 5 RP. Of course, that is assuming health.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Return to Beginner's Forum