EdWIN Jackson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

EdWIN Jackson

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

EdWIN Jackson

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:48 pm

Congrats to E on his first win in a Rays uniform and first win since September of 2005. I am glad the Rays have continued to give him his shot and let E work through his stuff. ;D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: EdWIN Jackson

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:24 pm

I was honestly expecting a 10-2 loss today for the Drays. Glad to see the Dodgers had to get Jackson going. Hopefully this gets his confidence going to a point where he can be useful the remainder of the year.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Re: EdWIN Jackson

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:45 am

raiders_umpire wrote:I was honestly expecting a 10-2 loss today for the Drays. Glad to see the Dodgers had to get Jackson going. Hopefully this gets his confidence going to a point where he can be useful the remainder of the year.


Two good starts in a row, he should have got the win in Zona. I am glad the Rays are giving him a chance to pitch out of this. The guy needs time to learn to pitch and they are letting him.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: EdWIN Jackson

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:55 pm

With Jackson looking great against the Tribe and striking out the side in the 6th, why did Maddon pull him from the game? 100 pitches, who cares, this guy can go to 130. We all know what happens when the pen comes in
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: EdWIN Jackson

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:00 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:With Jackson looking great against the Tribe and striking out the side in the 6th, why did Maddon pull him from the game? 100 pitches, who cares, this guy can go to 130. We all know what happens when the pen comes in




Jackson is only 23 years old with very little experience so far throwing a big amount of innings in his career. He only threw 110 innings last year and so far this year he has thrown 70 innings, even though he has pretty much sucked and could easily be at 100 innings or beyond by now. You just can't young talent go out there and throw 100+ pitches even if your bullpen is terrible.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Re: EdWIN Jackson

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:09 pm

Thing is though, Jackson was fine, he told them. Jackson gets stronger as the game goes on, even Maddon has said in the past they need to have him throw more pitches in a game. Maddons excuse that they pulled him b/c he pitched well and they did not want him to go out and lose confidence in the 7th was crap. Edwin can pitch 130, especially since he has had many games this year in which he only pitched 50. He is fresh and when going well i think they should leave him in. Especially when he says he is fine and can stay in the game and wants to stay in the game.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: EdWIN Jackson

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:39 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Thing is though, Jackson was fine, he told them. Jackson gets stronger as the game goes on, even Maddon has said in the past they need to have him throw more pitches in a game. Maddons excuse that they pulled him b/c he pitched well and they did not want him to go out and lose confidence in the 7th was crap. Edwin can pitch 130, especially since he has had many games this year in which he only pitched 50. He is fresh and when going well i think they should leave him in. Especially when he says he is fine and can stay in the game and wants to stay in the game.




I don't agree with Maddon pulling him for the reason of not losing his confidence, but I do agree with pulling him at the 100 pitch count. Jackson might can pitch 130, but there is no need in it right now. Maybe in 09 if we are not 15 games behind the Sox, it could be a possibility, but not now when we need to keep him fresh and ready to pitch 175 innings this year.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.


Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Miami at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact