Guess what place I am in?

Postby pelvis_kick » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:47 pm

Yahoo League
16 Teams with 15 active
Tons of stat categories:
Hitting: R, H, HR, RBIs, SB, BB, K, TB, BA, OPS
Pitching: IP, W, Winning %, SV, Ks, TB allowed, ERA, WHIP, K/BB
*Winning % won't be figured until the end of the year

C - NONE(just dropped him to get Corey Hart and am awaiting a trade offer)
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Kelly Johnson
SS - Omar Vizquel
3B - Ryan Braun
OF - Grady Sizemore
OF - Hunter Pence
OF - Corey Hart
Util - Todd Helton
BN - Delmon Young
BN - Nick Markakis
BN - BJ Upton

SP - Brandon Webb
SP - Cliff Lee
RP - Brad Hennessey
RP - NONE (Hurting for closers for the last week because I made a trade for Markakis, however, I was in first in saves when the trade was made, now I am in like 5th in saves)
P - Yovani Gallardo
P - Brian Bannister
P - Ian Snell
BN - Homer Bailey
BN - Tim Lincecum
BN - Jered Weaver
DL - Chris Carpenter

PS - This is a keeper type league where we keep 4 top 10 round players and 3 bottom 10 round players. Like I said, I was first in saves for a while with Fuentes and some platooning, but I traded a closer for Markakis. I also had Wheeler almost all season and when they said Lidge was going to close I swapped those two and someone picked up Wheeler not knowing he was no longer the closer. So I kinda got screwed there. However, I am still in like 5th in saves.

So, out of 16 teams with 15 active managers, what place do you think this team is in?
pelvis_kick
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Guess what place I am in?

Postby imserial » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:07 pm

Probably top 5, you have a good lineup for a 16 team league
imserial
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wingman3110 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:12 pm

8th
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby schmidty » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:46 pm

I'll read between the lines of your post and guess that you're sucking. I'll say 13th, give or take a couple of spots.

Your team looks ok now, at least the hitting. But guys like Pence, Hart, Johnson, Braun, Lincecum, Gallardo, Bailey, Bannister, Hennessey ... probably weren't on your team to start with, which means you dropped someone stinky to make room for them. The pitching still looks rough, with a lot of unproven guys and injuries/struggles. And of course there's your closer situtation. But I think you'll climb in the standings, and have some nice keepers to carry over to next year. The offense is probably above-average for a 16-team league. Carp looks like he'll be back soon. Hopefully the rough edges of the rooks (esp Lince) will wear off.

Look at mine please: viewtopic.php?t=302343
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby sabre7 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:01 am

I would safely say top half, maybe 6 or 7? Your hitting looks pretty good, id try and fix up the lack of a second closer.

Help? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=302895
sabre7
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pelvis_kick » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:44 am

Thanks for the interest everyone. The answer as of today is 11th out of 16. Yesterday was 10th and when I wrote this post I think I was in 12th. However, most of those players who I had picked up, the young talent, I picked up within their first couple games in the Bigs. Almost all the pitchers were picked up before their first start, ie. Lincecum, Gallardo, Bailey. As for Hart, I got him about a week and 1/2 ago. So he has done well for me. As for Braun and Pence, I have had Pence since May 4th and his 6th game in the majors. As for Braun, I have had him since May 27th and his 3rd game in the Bigs. I understand what Schmidty was saying, how I must have had some Junk players earlier in the year. What really hurt me at the beginning of the year was my pitching going down. I had Pujols, Sizemore, Delmon Young, and Todd Helton to take care of the offense. Also, for the pitching I had Carpenter, Webb, Jered Weaver to anchor down the pitching. I also had Cliff Lee, who I was confident would at least get his wins this year since he has averaged over 15 wins the last 3 seasons. However, about a week in I had Carp on the DL, Lee on the DL, Weaver on the DL. It was not looking good.

However, thanks for everyones opinion and if you can think of any improvements you guys think I can make, I am all ears. If you post your topics I will help in return as well. Thanks again!
pelvis_kick
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team