To all WWF fans..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

To all WWF fans.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

To all WWF fans.....

Postby Coppermine » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:43 pm

I know wildlife is real and all, but is anyone else upset over the fact that on Wednesday last week, the North Pacific Fishery Management Council voted to prohibit bottom trawling in Alaska's arctic waters? I mean, I understand that it's a good cause, but we all know how bottom trawling can be and I'm upset over how the WWF has portrayed it... notably with applause (as evidenced by this article).

I love Alaskan snow crabs as much as anyone--especially during last year's "Crabfest"--but I just think that it's getting a little over the top. Do they expect us to believe that marine life is being "killed" so that I can have all-I-can-eat crab legs at the China Kitchen II Buffet?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: To all WWF fans.....

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:41 am

I cry shennanigans. That's not the WWF. The only reason the World Wildlife Fund claimed to own the rights to "WWF" is because of the website hits the real "WWF" was getting. Lame. :t

Lost a ton of respect for them over that. :t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:43 pm

Madison wrote:I cry shennanigans. That's not the WWF. The only reason the World Wildlife Fund claimed to own the rights to "WWF" is because of the website hits the real "WWF" was getting. Lame. :t

Lost a ton of respect for them over that. :t

Amen.

WWE = We Won't Entertain. :B
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 676)

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:51 pm

I read Coppermine's post twice, thinking to myself "What the hell does this have to do with wrestling?" :b
Jimboozie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby smoovethug » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:41 pm

"This decision is very significant," said Bubba Cook, WWF's senior program officer for fisheries.

Bubba Cook....Bubba Gump. I'm sorry, I can't take this man seriously. ;7

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:15 am

smoovethug wrote:
"This decision is very significant," said Bubba Cook, WWF's senior program officer for fisheries.

Bubba Cook....Bubba Gump. I'm sorry, I can't take this man seriously. ;7

Bubba's a popular name in the fishery industry.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:23 am

i love crab legs but they are such a pain to crack/clean...especially those mincey little snow crabs...now if i can find one of the finer establishments that cracks my King Crab for me i'm all for it. it's for this reason i've become more of a lobster guy...i saw this PBS show once called "Sandwiches You Will Like" and Maine has a Lobster Roll...i watched this show in agony because it had all these (mostly) delicious sandwiches that i knew i'd have a 1% chance of ever eating. the one that pissed me off with the Kimmelweck which is roast beef on some salty roll (however, i did find out that Buffalo Wild Wings was origonally called Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck and used to serve these, hence the reason some people call it BW3's)

oh...i almost forgot to add...mmmm, drawn butter* :L

*is that just another name for clarified butter...either way they are both good
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:36 am

I love talking about food; although I find the big Alaskan Snow Crab legs worth the effort; and that effort isn't much more than trying to tackle a lobster. You haven't lived though until you've had a lobster roll in Portland, Maine.

As for Buffalo, I've never had a "weck" sandwich before, but I've heard of them... they're like salty kaiser rolls. They recently opened a Buffalo Wild Wings near me, but I'm mostly unimpressed (although I really enjoy their Jerk and Mango Habanero sauces). I once drove past the Anchor Bar, so called birthplace of the buffalo wing, when I got lost in the city on my way to Canada.

Oh, and I think "drawn butter" is a generic term for melted butter; and that butter that is clarified specifically has something done to it.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:43 am

I have no problems getting my hands messy and cracking crabs. :> Lobsters too. :D

Now stone crab....you better have some crackers for those suckers. Their shells are tough! 8-) But once that's out of the way, makes for good eatin'! ;D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:06 am

Coppermine wrote:I love talking about food; although I find the big Alaskan Snow Crab legs worth the effort; and that effort isn't much more than trying to tackle a lobster. You haven't lived though until you've had a lobster roll in Portland, Maine.

As for Buffalo, I've never had a "weck" sandwich before, but I've heard of them... they're like salty kaiser rolls. They recently opened a Buffalo Wild Wings near me, but I'm mostly unimpressed (although I really enjoy their Jerk and Mango Habanero sauces). I once drove past the Anchor Bar, so called birthplace of the buffalo wing, when I got lost in the city on my way to Canada.

Oh, and I think "drawn butter" is a generic term for melted butter; and that butter that is clarified specifically has something done to it.

1) I hate you

2) it's all about Spicy Garlic...and Blazin is stupid hot...it's basically that Dave's Insanity Sauce
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to General Talk