Would you have vetoed this trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Would you have vetoed this trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Would you have vetoed this trade?

Postby Oatsdad » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:48 pm

As I mentioned in the "Draft..." forum, I recently traded Granderson and Kelly Johnson for Peavy. I figure - and everyone agreed - that this was a very good deal for me.

It went through without being vetoed, which I thought was right - after all, Granderson is having a killer year, and KJ's been very good as well. I'm just curious to know whether folks would've voted against this one - and if so, why...
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Would you have vetoed this trade?

Postby dissent » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:03 pm

The trade is clearly in your favor, but those aren't scrubs and there's no sign of collusion. Not vetoable IMO.
dissent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Oatsdad » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:49 am

dissent wrote:The trade is clearly in your favor, but those aren't scrubs and there's no sign of collusion.

Funny - I'm starting to wonder if the other folks in the league might think I'm colluding with the guy who made this trade with me. He'd previously traded me Matt Holliday and Carlos Lee for Nick Swisher and Troy Glaus! I was shocked - but delighted - that one wasn't vetoed, but after two of these trades, I wonder if others might think this guy's in cahoots with me. He's not - I don't have the slightest idea who he is other than as a not-so-bright owner - but I think it could start to look like collusion...
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dynastykid22 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:26 pm

Oatsdad wrote:
dissent wrote:The trade is clearly in your favor, but those aren't scrubs and there's no sign of collusion.

Funny - I'm starting to wonder if the other folks in the league might think I'm colluding with the guy who made this trade with me. He'd previously traded me Matt Holliday and Carlos Lee for Nick Swisher and Troy Glaus! I was shocked - but delighted - that one wasn't vetoed, but after two of these trades, I wonder if others might think this guy's in cahoots with me. He's not - I don't have the slightest idea who he is other than as a not-so-bright owner - but I think it could start to look like collusion...

Holliday and Lee for Glaus and Swisher :D

That's ridiculous, I wish this guy would join my league !!! :b
dynastykid22
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Jakra » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:40 pm

Quick! Make some trade offers before somebody else does!
Jakra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Oatsdad » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:41 pm

dynastykid22 wrote:Holliday and Lee for Glaus and Swisher :D

That's ridiculous, I wish this guy would join my league !!! :b

He's an odd guy. Not a newbie - he's had 12 teams to date in various Yahoo leagues - and he doesn't just accept ANY trade; he rejected some decent ones I sent his way. But he's a perplexing player.

And the kicker to the Holliday/Lee for Glaus/Swisher trade: when we made the Peavy trade, he DROPPED Glaus. That means that he now has Swisher/Granderson/KJ for Holliday/CLee/Peavy! :B
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Oatsdad » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:42 pm

Jakra wrote:Quick! Make some trade offers before somebody else does!

I actually told my friend in the same league to do that but he hasn't. Don't know why...
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:14 pm

Oatsdad wrote:

Ouch, I don't know if your league should veto this trade, but they definitely should have vetoed that one. That's pretty messed up.

Too late to complain now, the damage has been done. If they were going to be up in arms about a trade, they should have complained about the Holliday one.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Vicious_Machine » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:07 am

both those trades are moronic actually, and both would be vetoed in a legit league.
that owner is clearly a moron, and your just taking advantage of it.

then again, most people here would prefer having joke leagues, so it just depends on your preference.
Vicious_Machine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Oatsdad » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:06 pm

Vicious_Machine wrote:that owner is clearly a moron, and your just taking advantage of it.

So you're saying that if somebody offered you those trades, you'd decline them? Holliday/CLee for my Glaus/Swisher was HIS idea, not mine. I initiated the Peavy one, but that's the much more balanced of the two trades...
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner