Disbanding a Team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Disbanding a Team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Disbanding a Team

Postby dannahann » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:49 pm

Are you going to stay a 9 team league next season? If not the only fair route is to lock this team until you get an owner to transfer it to. Be that during the season or going into your offseason trade/cutdown period. If you redistrubute all the "talent" you've put team 10 into a hole next season and you very well risk having him "dead" in June 2008 because of it.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:21 pm

dannahann wrote:Are you going to stay a 9 team league next season? If not the only fair route is to lock this team until you get an owner to transfer it to. Be that during the season or going into your offseason trade/cutdown period. If you redistrubute all the "talent" you've put team 10 into a hole next season and you very well risk having him "dead" in June 2008 because of it.

I agree. Soriano is a difference maker. You can't disband the team now, it isn't fair. The season isn't even halfway through yet, the team that gets Soriano could catch up. Just tell everybody to let someone come in and take over the team.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dynastykid22 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:15 pm

I also recommend locking the team. However if it is a must that theses players get disbursed, give a weight to each player , say 1 - 5, a team can only draft a maximum of 5 points during the supplement draft
such as :

Soriano (5)
Josh Johnson (2)
Sheffield (3)
Garland (2)
Tex (3)
Ibanez (2)
Wickman (2)
Sabathia (3)
Pudge (2)
Atkins (3)
Putz (2)
R. Hill (3)
Posada (2)
Baldelli (2)
Uggla (4)
K-rod (4)
Alou (1)
Clemens (2)
B. Hall (2)
Weathers (1)
Furcal (2)
Weaver (which one ????)
Borowski (1)

Of course depending on your league settings, once everyone has the maximum points and/or no other players are needed, the draft is over and remaining players drop to the WW. I'm not familiar with your league settings but I would assume some one would have to be dropped from each team once a player is selected in the draft ??? You might just want to throw Soriano out until next year to even the drafts talent.

Just a thought !!! :?

Good luck :b
dynastykid22
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:18 pm

rjforlife wrote:
jfg wrote:I'm in a league that had the same situation, all of us friends. We had about 3-4 guys we knew that wanted in if a team left so that made it pretty easy. If you're good friends can't you at least get the guy to keep his roster intact to keep DL'ed guys out? If you lock it, you run the risk of some teams getting to play a full roster one week and other teams getting to play a lineup full of guys on the DL.

In a keeper league, I don't even think they should be redrafted next year. You should get somebody to take over the team next season.

fortunately its roto so having the dead team doesnt hurt anyone. we have been trying to get some other people we all know into the league but just cannot find someone everyone agrees on. it seems petty if only one league member has a problem with someone but it doesnt seem right to force an owner into conflict. personally, i agree with you on the point that if we dont dish out his team now, theres no reason to dish out his team come draft time....seems like a double standard. just have to see what the league says i guess....

Why are your leaguemates being so difficult? You are letting people veto a new owner because one person doesn't like him? This is a fantasy baseball league, not a fraternity. Tell them to get over it and just add an owner. Maybe some of the owners that are being petty are just dead set on the disband and will disagree to any new manager just to force your hand. In either case, you need to disappoint them because you need a new owner and a disband is a terrible idea.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby cards05 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:40 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:
rjforlife wrote:
jfg wrote:I'm in a league that had the same situation, all of us friends. We had about 3-4 guys we knew that wanted in if a team left so that made it pretty easy. If you're good friends can't you at least get the guy to keep his roster intact to keep DL'ed guys out? If you lock it, you run the risk of some teams getting to play a full roster one week and other teams getting to play a lineup full of guys on the DL.

In a keeper league, I don't even think they should be redrafted next year. You should get somebody to take over the team next season.

fortunately its roto so having the dead team doesnt hurt anyone. we have been trying to get some other people we all know into the league but just cannot find someone everyone agrees on. it seems petty if only one league member has a problem with someone but it doesnt seem right to force an owner into conflict. personally, i agree with you on the point that if we dont dish out his team now, theres no reason to dish out his team come draft time....seems like a double standard. just have to see what the league says i guess....

Why are your leaguemates being so difficult? You are letting people veto a new owner because one person doesn't like him? This is a fantasy baseball league, not a fraternity. Tell them to get over it and just add an owner. Maybe some of the owners that are being petty are just dead set on the disband and will disagree to any new manager just to force your hand. In either case, you need to disappoint them because you need a new owner and a disband is a terrible idea.

Yeah, for some reason you seem intent upon disbanding when it isn't a good idea. If you are commish and have reputable options as replacement owners, I would simply choose one of them and fix the problem. Any fallout can likely be handled...
cards05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner