VETO??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

VETO???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

VETO???

Postby Shaddupu » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:54 am

10 team roto w/ $$$ on the line....I'm the commish. There are 3 teams that rotate through the top 3 positions...nobody else really in contention. I happen to be one of the top 3. One of the other top 3 teams proposed a trade to the 6th place team who is 20 points out. The top 3 offered Aramis Ramirez straight up for the 6th places Arod. I have vetoed this trade twice now. I talked to the guy trading FOR Ramirez and giving up Arod. He has given up on this year and wants to get all the players he likes. That is why he has accepted this trade. The guy getting Arod sees no problem w/ it. "If he accepts it then why not" is his thoughts. Nobody else in the league (not very active) has complained about this even after I sent out a mass email letting people know that if they have an issue w/ a trade to talk to me about it. So basically.....do I allow this trade to go through? I feel it is too one sided and hurts the integrity of the league. Your thoughts?
Shaddupu
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: VETO???

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:18 pm

You can't let the one team trade ARod out of apathy. "I'm out of the race so I want the players I like now." is no excuse for trading the number one player in fantasy for merely a very good player. This is why we have vetoes. If your league doesn't understand that, link them to this thread. That deal is terrible.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Oatsdad » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:46 pm

As much as I hate vetos, I'd have to nix this one. If we know someone's given up on the year, then his roster should just be locked by the commish. It's one thing for someone to make bad deals because they're dopey, but if they're consciously giving away players because they don't care anymore, then something has to be done... :t
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dissent » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:05 pm

Yeah, that's almost the same thing as the guy in last place who decides to drop good players. I'd veto and agree that you should lock his roster if he's giving up.
dissent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Vicious_Machine » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:12 am

dissent wrote:Yeah, that's almost the same thing as the guy in last place who decides to drop good players. I'd veto and agree that you should lock his roster if he's giving up.

i sort of agree with this, but i dont know if you can lock his team in a money roto league. your best bet is to try to find a replacement manager for the team.
the one issue with locking a team would be that since it is rotess, if he's in 6th outta 10 teams, he's doing decent in some categories. locking him would screw over all those categories.

i still veto the trade, but i ask this guy if he's going to play seriously from here on out, if not, i ask him to give his team to another guy who can sub in until the end of the year.
in money roto leagues, you have to make sure every owner will compete all year. its very rare that even if there are 3 top teams, that they will be top 3 in EVERY category.
Vicious_Machine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner