Just made a trade! any more improvements needed? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just made a trade! any more improvements needed? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just made a trade! any more improvements needed? WHIR

Postby eamrhein » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:12 am

H2H League: R,H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OPS (8) W,L, SV,OUT,K,GIDP,ERA,WHIP,K/9 (9)
Transactions
April 11, Abreu ->Teixerra
June 9, R.Johnson--> I Rodríguez
June 10, C. Delgado--> M.Buehrle
Yet to be finalized, M Piazza + Ryan Braun --> Chipper Jones

C: I. Rodríguez
1B: C.Pena
2B:Utley
3B: C.Jones
SS: Rollins
OF:Beltran
OF: Rios
OF:Cuddyer/Markakus/Victorino
UTIL: F.Thomas
DL:Upton, Teixerra

SP:Ben Sheets
SP:Ian Snell
SP: S Kazmir
RP: T. Hoffman
RP: B. Jenks
P: E.Gagne
P: M. Capps
P:M. Buehrle
BN: Fausto Carmona, Dave Bush,Tim Lincecum,Orlando Hernández, Jeff Francis,Yovani Gallardo
DL: P.Hughes

Strengths?Weaknesses? What do you think of my trade choices?
eamrhein
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Just made a trade! any more improvements needed? WHIR

Postby schmidty » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:37 pm

How many teams are in your league? That's essential to know in order to judge how good you are. Do you really start 5 OFers, or are 2 of those guys on the bench?

Strengths? Well, your offense looks terrific. Obviously it's weakened at the moment by injuries, but those guys should come back. Thomas sticks out as being an exceedingly weak link. I understand that when Teix comes back he'll take that spot, but until then I wonder if there are better options on the WW. But everything else looks very strong. It looks like you have producers in all the categories.

You look solid at closer. Gagne is a question mark both for health and being traded to a team that doesn't need a closer, both you have 3 other guys with solid grips on the job. Starting pitching is probably your weakest part, but it looks ok. Sheets is an ace and Snell/Buehrle/Kazmir are solid (though the latter is struggling). Some spotty/risky guys later on. It's still ok ... not every part of a team can be perfect. But it would be the one thing I would look to improve on as the season moves on.

The trades? Love the Teix one (even though he's hurt at the moment). Getting Pudge ... well, RJ being hurt makes that one look good. I guess it depends on how good the catchers are on the WW. I think Pudge tends to get overrated by some fantasy managers because they remember how good he was, and don't realize there are lots of catchers who put up better numbers (defense doesn't count in fantasy). Delgado for Buerhle? I don't think Buerhle would've been the pitcher I targeted (he's been a FA in both my 10 and 12 team leagues), though he's good for ERA/WHIP. But maybe that's the best you could've gotten for the struggling Delgado. At this point, I'd rather be struggling with Delgado than Thomas at your Util spot. Getting Chipper? He's a stud if healthy, but he's rarely healthy for a long stretch. Your backup (Upton) is also hobbled, and counting on Chipper with no backup is seriously risky. Trading away Piazza in a 2-for-1 was a good idea, but I'd have rather see you do it to improve your pitching.

Help with mine please: viewtopic.php?t=302343
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Just made a trade! any more improvements needed? WHIR

Postby eamrhein » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:51 am

Sorry for not responding, trade got changed, I got away with trading away Dave Bush and Phillip Hughes for Chipper Jones.
its a ten team league dry on pitching, because there is no limit to starts per week or year or anything. Also it is Head to Head, which I hate.

This is how my team will look after everyone is off the DL and Healthy

C: I. Rodríguez
1B: Teixerra
2B:Utley
3B: C.Jones
SS: Rollins
OF:Beltran
OF: Rios
OF:Upton
UTIL: F.Thomas/Braun/Peña
BN: Markakas/Cuddyer/ Piazza/Victorino/ F.Thomas/Braun/Peña

SP:Ben Sheets
SP:Ian Snell
SP: S Kazmir
RP: T. Hoffman
RP: B. Jenks
P: E.Gagne
P: M. Capps
P:M. Buehrle
BN: Fausto Carmona,Tim Lincecum,Orlando Hernández, Jeff Francis,Yovani Gallardo

I need to move some of my offensive guys for pitchers, who is moveable, who can i get good value for? I promise i will respond to the next person.
eamrhein
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team