Is Sexson worth the wait/gamble anymore? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Is Sexson worth the wait/gamble anymore?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Sexson worth the wait/gamble anymore?

Postby Tigers2006 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:38 am

Is he worth picking up? He dropped to 7th in the order, batting just over .200, but he'll always get good HR and RBI and decent Runs. I'm in a 12-team total points league and about 3rd place in all batting stats. Is a Sexson BA turn-around (.250-.265?) going to happen?
Tigers2006
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is Sexson worth the wait/gamble anymore?

Postby rentz » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:25 am

Tigers2006 wrote:Is he worth picking up? He dropped to 7th in the order, batting just over .200, but he'll always get good HR and RBI and decent Runs. I'm in a 12-team total points league and about 3rd place in all batting stats. Is a Sexson BA turn-around (.250-.265?) going to happen?

I've been debating dropping him as well. I never start him, just been hanging onto him waiting for him to heat up.
At this point I think .250 is the best one could hope for. His avg is awful, but his hr and rbi totals are still better than most players on my fa wire.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby keysersoze131313 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:17 am

He's a turd- you can prob find a better option on ww.
keysersoze131313
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Heiserman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:31 pm

Do yourself a favor and look at his first half/second half splits from the past couple years. Last year he was atrocious before the break but hit around .300 after it. I'd hold on to him or sign him if i needed some second half power at a cheap price
Heiserman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GymRat33 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:10 pm

I think he is definitely worth a gamble if you can get him now on the cheap or for nothing. He is hard to deal with at times I know but if he blows up after the break his upside will be huge during a key time in the fantasy season and all with very little to risk.

I have him on my team but I was kind of forced into getting him. After Tex went down I needed another 1B for depth/backup so I would have had to drop/add someone (we have to pay for adds but not trades) for another WW 1B (all of whom stunk) ...the only guy I had on my team I viewed as semi droppable was Cano (Figgins starting is my 2B and Kaz Matsui is my BN I need them both for SB) so Instead of getting absolutely nothing for Cano I traded him for Sexson gambling that he has a big second half. You can never really overlook a guy with proven 35+ hr and 100/rbi/r potential even if his average does stink, I don't care what anyone says.
GymRat33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pangbones » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:47 pm

I picked him up in one league, and got him as a throw in on a trade in another league. He's worth waiting for, because he's got big time power potential. His splits from the past few years show he's a 2nd half player, and the fact that he's hitting just 200 now shouldn't impact your decision. The .200 avg won't carry over onto you, unless of course he hits that all year, which I don't think he will. He's hit like .242 the past month, and .273 the past week with 3 HR's. I'd grab him!
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby elvis1074 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:58 pm

I acquired Sexson in a trade a few weeks ago. He's starting to turn it on now as his history has shown. He already has more HRs this month than he did the previous 2. He's definately worth it for the second half - he should hit at least .270 - .300 in the 2nd half with good power numbers.
elvis1074
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jorwoods » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:05 am

2 HR's tonight! ;D
^^thanks to Snakes Gould!
jorwoods
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tigers2006 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:47 am

Thanks for the input. BTW - I picked him up with my waiver priority (#11) and the first game he played for me was tonight, 2/3 with 2 jacks.
Tigers2006
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates