100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milton Bradley Traded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Milton Bradley Traded

Postby stumpak » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:34 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:
stumpak wrote:
BillyHallDisciple wrote:He's never hit over 20 HR's in a season, he's hit over .300 once, and he's always injured. So I'd have to dispute that he's the best thing available on the wire in most leagues. Fantasy-wise, players of Bradley's caliber are a dime a dozen.

Really? I qualified "when healthy" and when healthy Bradley produces at .290 20/20. You must play in a 6 team league if there are guys like that are a dime a dozen on the WW. He is one of the biggest injury risk, but if he is healthy he is stellar.

How can you say he's a 20/20 guy when he never reach either 20HR or 20SB even when he's healthy over a whole year in his prime?

You are completely wrong. If you aggregate Bradley's numbers over the past five years (03-07) and pro-rate for 600 ABs (i.e. a normal season) you get 22 HRs/year and 19 SBs/year and a .287 BA.

I never said that Bradley is a 20/20 guy since he obviously is an extreme injury risk. I just made the point that when healthy he produces at a .290 20/20 rate, which is a hell of a lot better than you will find on the WW. And the numbers prove this assessment to be correct.

Also, he is probably even better than a 20/20 producer. Keep in mind that the SB totals for 05 and 06 are diminished by playing in a fully orthodox moneyball system and under the avergage MLB manager it is probably safe to assume 5+ extra SBs per season. And he has also played in strong pitcher's parks for all 5 years - Cleveland, LA and Oakland. Put in the right situation, Bradley probably would have produced more toward a 25/25 rate, which should get anyone excited.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers