Milton Bradley Traded - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milton Bradley Traded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Milton Bradley Traded

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:23 pm

According to ESPN.com's Buster Olney, the Royals have acquired Milton Bradley from the A's for Leo Nunez.
Nunez is a nice relief prospect, but he's quickly running out of options after the previous regime rushed him to the majors and GM Dayton Moore didn't seem especially high on him anyway. Bradley figures to take over as the regular left fielder, leaving less playing time for Joey Gathright, especially once Mike Sweeney comes back. Emil Brown also loses out here and should be on his way out of Kansas City.

All I can say is unnecessary

and I don't even like Leo Nunez!
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Milton Bradley Traded

Postby godallahstar » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:36 pm

A's shouldve kept Ethier.
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:55 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?

And it is at this point that the thread goes from informative to annoying.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:05 pm

why wtf? bradley has some talent. sure he has a terrible attitude but whats the big deal? he takes playing time from emil brown. is it the end of the world?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:06 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:why wtf? bradley has some talent. sure he has a terrible attitude but whats the big deal? he takes playing time from emil brown. is it the end of the world?

I can answer this for you easily.* The answer is...

WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?

* I agree completely with you SG.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:09 pm

Here's an actual article on the trade. Not as original as 30 WTFs in unison, but I'm just old fashioned I guess...

The Oakland Athletics traded outfielder Milton Bradley to the Kansas City Royals for pitcher Leo Nunez, ESPN The Magazine’s Buster Olney reports. The Royals will pay Bradley’s entire salary as he is owed $2.3 million for the remainder of the season.

Bradley was designated for assignment Thursday, as Oakland cut ties with a player who was expected to play an important role on the team this season.

FULL ARTICLE
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:24 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:why wtf? bradley has some talent. sure he has a terrible attitude but whats the big deal? he takes playing time from emil brown. is it the end of the world?

It's not the end of the world but what's the point of this deal? Milton Bradley has character problems, and if it can't be contained in a winning and fun loving clubhouse like Oakland, what makes you think he'll be content here in KC? And no, Bradley will NOT be the everyday starter in LF. I know Buddy Bell, he likes shuffling around player...A LOT, so we'll still see plenty of Shane Costa and Emil Brown in the future. I guess I just don't see the point of trading away a useful bullpen arm for half a year of a troublesome player. Maybe if he play well enough we'll get a compensation pick out of this whole deal. But that's about the best case scenario.

and no, I don't care how talented Mr. Bradley is, even if he's completely healthy he isn't a great player. At most a borderline 15/15 guy(which I doubt at this point of his career) with a .280 batting average. Is this an improvement over Emil Brown? Yes! Is this a HUGE improvement over Emil Brown? NO!
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:14 pm

honestly, this is a trade that doesn't make much sense for either team.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:23 pm

PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby smoovethug » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:51 pm

Rotoworld's take...

The Royals called off the Milton Bradley deal with the A's after learning that the outfielder suffered an oblique strain in his final game with the club on Tuesday.
The A's reportedly did not know of the injury when they designated Bradley for assignment on Thursday. "The A's were not at fault," Royals GM Dayton Moore said. Perhaps Bradley didn't want to play for the Royals so he made up the injury? If he becomes a free agent, he'll be able to choose his team, something he might find preferable. The Royals agreed to give up Leo Nunez and pay the remainder of Bradley's $4 million salary before the trade fell through.

Making up injuries? If so what a scumbag. :P :t

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers