Amezaga - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Amezaga

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Amezaga

Postby jsphlly » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:40 pm

Can anyone give me a little insight on this guy?

I thought he was a platoon player, but it looks like he's played the last 8-9 games or so.

Looking for a guy to fill in at 2B and OF, and can't see anything wrong here.

Thanks in advance!
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Amezaga

Postby san76er » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:22 pm

I couldn't find anything wrong either, so I picked him up 3 days ago. In his last 5 games Amezaga is batting .272 with 4 runs, 3 rbi, and 2 sb. All while batting lead off and playing 2B, SS, 3B, and CF twice in those games. Not eye-popping numbers, but in a H2H league I'll take those 2sb every time. As long as he can keep getting on base, he's somebody to keep an eye on if you need runs and SB.

The Sporting News had this to say about him a few days ago.
Alfredo Amezaga is well-respected for his all-out hustle and ability to play anywhere -- he's a natural middle infielder and an above-average shortstop, and he has excellent range in the outfield. A switch hitter, Amezaga is in a platoon in center field with Reggie Abercrombie, who starts against lefties.

Not sure how much of a platoon it is right now with Amezaga's position versatility and him starting 8 of the last 10 games. Again, if he can keep getting on base; I imagine Florida will want him in the lineup every day.
san76er
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Nerfherders » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:48 pm

I drafted him in my 30-team league as backup SS and he's been playing there the last few weeks over Aurilia. Decent player when he gets the chance to play - but nothing too exciting. I love his versatility though. He can fill in at 2B or in the OF. Good player for a deep league.
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)

Postby phinphan896 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:48 am

Hes a real nice player that has alot of speed. He plays everyday, most of the time at outfieldr but if miggy or uggla or hanley need a day off hell play in the infield. He plays every day so if your an extremely deep league dont hesitate to pick him up.
phinphan896
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers