Dukes = CUT outright from Rays?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dukes = CUT outright from Rays?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dukes = CUT outright from Rays?!

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:12 pm

Drunken Rhino wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Drunken Rhino wrote:Can you guys take your arguement to PM? Keep this to fantasy relevant info on Dukes, like speculation on where he possibly gets traded to?

Sorry, i know better :/

My thought is he will be moved soon. They sent him to the "minors" and is on the temporary inactive list, which shows me they are looking to move him and dont want him playing and getting hurt. Florida and Washington have shown interest

No worries, I know you were trying.

I wish the Pirates would take a chance on a talent like this. I know they won't, but this is the kind of risk they have to take if they ever want to be competitive again. We've got the retread bullpen arms that TB could use, but we're so risk averse we won't do it.

I really have no idea where he could end up.

Doesn't McCutcheon play CF though?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:58 pm

I am pulling for you Elijah. Go on down to Montgomery, get back into the game, hopefully a trade gets worked out, and then win a position with a major league team next year and show everybody just how much talent you have at the game of baseball. Just don't get traded to a New York team and I will be pulling for you the rest of your career. :D

;D ;D ;D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BravesGuy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:56 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:I am pulling for you Elijah. Go on down to Montgomery, get back into the game, hopefully a trade gets worked out, and then win a position with a major league team next year and show everybody just how much talent you have at the game of baseball. Just don't get traded to a New York team and I will be pulling for you the rest of your career. :D

;D ;D ;D

Go Biscuits! ;D
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 47)

Postby poopdungbeatle » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:09 pm

AussieDodger wrote:He's going to Oakland. They just cut their own "misgiuded" outfielder Milton Bradley. Good move by them , Elijah will be 10x the player Bradley is. I don't think Elijah will be fantasy relevant until next year. And if he rises from the ashes and makes a career out of this good on him.

that would be the worst thing for him. He would cause so much trouble in Oakland.

He Aussie Dodger! Im actually visiting australia in august! you from Perth by any chance?
poopdungbeatle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:32 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:I am pulling for you Elijah. Go on down to Montgomery, get back into the game, hopefully a trade gets worked out, and then win a position with a major league team next year and show everybody just how much talent you have at the game of baseball. Just don't get traded to a New York team and I will be pulling for you the rest of your career. :D

;D ;D ;D

They actually said "minors" and put him on the temp inactive list, which means he is not with any team at the moment, which leads me to believe he will be traded soon.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:28 am

Trade him to Sabean and the Giants. The Jays got Accardo last year from them for their player with "issues." Why not try it again? :D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby wrveres » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:29 am

;D ;D ;D

I agree. Get him out of town. Put him on the other coast. It' ll at least get his divorce out of the papers.
He will be fine, he just needs out of Tampa.

I will say this though, I am in no way shocked at all the Image showing up in this thread.

Uninformed, heard it on the sports talk radio, Image.
Its the ESPN Mentality.
Tabloids at its best.

baaaahhhhh
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby swyck » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:42 am

I hope they dont cut him out right. :o

He would then be a danger to civilians everyone, and probably wind up in jail within a year or two. If he can't play baseball what can he do? Its not like he'd have the social skills to talk his way into a paying gig somewhere.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:43 am

wrveres wrote:

;D ;D ;D

I agree. Get him out of town. Put him on the other coast. It' ll at least get his divorce out of the papers.
He will be fine, he just needs out of Tampa.

I will say this though, I am in no way shocked at all the Image showing up in this thread.

Uninformed, heard it on the sports talk radio, Image.
Its the ESPN Mentality.
Tabloids at its best.

baaaahhhhh

;D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers