5 x 5 Pay League $600.00 to the winner... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

5 x 5 Pay League $600.00 to the winner...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

5 x 5 Pay League $600.00 to the winner...

Postby John Kemp » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:09 pm

Would anybody be interested in a 5 x 5 Pay League? Need 12 Players, would be a draft. $100.00 start up. Ive had been looking to get into a league like this, but nobodys has one. Im interested in getting a group of 11 experienced players together to form a league. Let me know... I figure $600.00 to the winner, 2nd gets $300.00, 3rd gets $150.00 and the rest pays to form the CBS Sportsline league and paypal fee's. Let me know
John Kemp
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chinch sacs » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:46 pm

$600 + $300 + $150 = $1050

It costs $150 to set-up a league at CBS :-?

Why dont you do it through yahoo and make the grand prize $700

;-D
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby phat llamas » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:22 am

i often wonder the same thing. i don't understand what everyone seems to have against yahoo. it seems like people think that just because it is free, it isn't good. but that just isn't the case. i have now been in yahoo fantasy baseball, football, hockey and basketball leagues and have not once ever had a problem. their live internet drafts always run smoothly. i know that if i were doing a league, i would much prefer doing it at yahoo and putting the extra $150 toward the pot as opposed to doing it thru cbs.sportsline and taking $150 out of the pot. it just doesn't make sense to me.

that said, i myself am still looking for a pay fantasy league to do

ideally i would love a league like this
yahoo
roto 5 by 5
12 teams
$200ish entry fee

does anyone have any leagues out there close to this. i'm in the same boat as Kemp. looking for a solid league, but having a helluva time trying to find one. like you were saying, maybe it would be better to try and just start one of your own
phat llamas
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

keeper league

Postby philleez » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:23 am

I am starting up a 16 team keeper league very soon using Yahoo. It will be a points style H2H league with a 4 division setup with 4 teams in each. League fee is $150 due in three different installments.

It will be a live, online draft sometime in middle March. There will be a minor league draft online after the fourth week of the season.

I am still finishing up the league rules for this. As soon as I finish them, I will send it out to you guys if you are interested. Send an email to me at mailto:pauliepenguinz@aol.com if this interests you.
"If the visiting team hits it, is it still called a home run?"
philleez
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Classifieds