ESPN Insider - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ESPN Insider

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ESPN Insider

Postby jfg » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:50 am

Is it just me or is everything on ESPN subscription only now? Anything that isn't a headline you have to pay for. I've always had this complaint about ESPN but it's become ridiculous. I'm done with ESPN as a website.

Obviously, a bunch of you are paying for it or else it wouldn't be happening. I don't blame you because I always enjoy reading Rob Neyer and Jayson Stark. But, when every article has that stupid orange box next to it including the ones right on the front page with the big picture, it's time to say enough is enough.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 95)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ESPN Insider

Postby saemick » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:56 am

I agree 100%. The fact that I have to pay for something that should be able to be read for free is absurd. Too bad we couldn't get a few people to relinquish their usernames and passwords for the cafe's use... :?
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rounders » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:07 am

jfg wrote:Is it just me or is everything on ESPN subscription only now? Anything that isn't a headline you have to pay for. I've always had this complaint about ESPN but it's become ridiculous. I'm done with ESPN as a website.

Obviously, a bunch of you are paying for it or else it wouldn't be happening. I don't blame you because I always enjoy reading Rob Neyer and Jayson Stark. But, when every article has that stupid orange box next to it including the ones right on the front page with the big picture, it's time to say enough is enough.

Yeah, I don't go there anymore. It used to be my main website for sports news, but now I have the same complaint. Now I'll go to yahoo, rotoworld, cbs.sportsline, and mlb before I even think about checking out ESPN.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby 5 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:09 am

me either. I don't bother w/ESPN. I don't care to pay for opinions like that...or wait for all their videos and advertising to load.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dundeeslugger » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:46 am

Not sure I understand you. Over half of the stuff on fantasy baseball is free.
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:10 am

You pay for television, you pay for radio, you pay for water, soon you will be paying to drive in "HOT (not HOV) lanes." so why not pay for your info....soon you will be paying for air.

:D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:12 am

Why go to ESPN? The Cafe is all you need.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby FalcoAtL » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:13 am

Krunk City King$ wrote:You pay for television, you pay for radio, you pay for water , soon you will be paying to drive in "HOT (not HOV) lanes." so why not pay for your info....soon you will be paying for air.:D

Haha, that depends on where you are in the country! But, yeah you're completely right. ESPN is getting ridiculous.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby rowe33 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:04 pm

Due to ESPN's massive screwup of their fantasy baseball leagues this year they were supposed to give everyone with a team free access to Insider for the rest of the season. Did it happen? Somewhat. I can get into some Insider stuff but it asks for a login on others. Trying to get their customer service to help has been pretty useless.
rowe33
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby san76er » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:19 pm

I can get into some Insider stuff but it asks for a login on others

It sounds like we are having a similar problem. The ESPN website is kinda screwy; at least on my PC. I have the same problem with the login when I am trying to download the Sunday Fantasy Focus Podcast. There will be times where I know I am logged in, and it tells me I'm not. So I put my name and password in; and it still does nothing and tells me I'm not logged in. Or it will let me log in successfully, and then after viewing a page or two it says I'm not logged in anymore. I have found ways around it, but it can get very frustrating. Personally I love the premium ESPN insider info, but then again I use a friend's account and don't pay for it. If I actually paid for the subsription I would be very unhappy with how their site works.
san76er
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to General Talk