Proper way to run a keeper league?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Proper way to run a keeper league??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Proper way to run a keeper league??

Postby wingman3110 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:04 am

What is the proper way to run one?? I'm working on one for next year and need to know how everything goes.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Proper way to run a keeper league??

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:11 am

wingman3110 wrote:What is the proper way to run one?? I'm working on one for next year and need to know how everything goes.

Proper way?? I wouldn't say that there is a set way to do it. The most important thing is to get a group of owners that is in it for the long haul. After that, work on the settings, including how many you keep. Starting fresh, I would go with a small amount. Something like 3. No more than 5, though. Also decide what type of league you will be running. The most important things to me are getting a solid group of owners, not keeping too many players from the beginning (lower teams will lose interest), and keeping it simple from the beginning. Having a ton of cats from the start can cause people to get bored.

As for the keepers themselves, standard ways to do this are either having your keepers be your first X amount of picks or you can redraft every year and have the previous year's round drafted be the round that the player is kept in.* Of course, this can be tweaked slightly.

*For instance, if you draft Jeter in the 3rd round and want to keep him, when the draft comes around to you in the 3rd round, you are automatically given Jeter. The same goes for every other round.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Re: Proper way to run a keeper league??

Postby wingman3110 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:16 am

ok thanks
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)