Miguel Tejada fractures his left wrist - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Miguel Tejada fractures his left wrist

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Miguel Tejada fractures his left wrist

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:01 am

First, I hope everyone here realizes in medical terms, there is no difference between a "broken" bone and a "fractured" bone. You can break something and have it be very minor, or fracture something and need major surgery. It's interchangeable.

I hope they let him play through it. I have a feeling that isn't going to happen though.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 5 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:06 am

He'll probably try to play through it. He'll come up to the plate, he'll botch a sacrifice attempt, they'll take him out of the game.

Wow, I for one, am so impressed with Tejada's streak. ;7
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Giambis » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:44 am

Was anyone else slightly miffed at that move by Tejada? I don't know ALL the details, but taking a sacrifice in the first to extend your streak is ridiculous. If he tries to play through a fractured wrist to keep his streak alive, and messes up his swing or hurts his team, he's totally missing the point.

I like Tejada, and I feel bad questioning the motives of a guy who is willing to play baseball with a fractured wrist, but to me, he should just go on the dl, get better quicker, and be happy it lasted this long.

Sorry, I'm done ranting.
Giambis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby phinphan896 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:52 am

Giambis wrote:Was anyone else slightly miffed at that move by Tejada? I don't know ALL the details, but taking a sacrifice in the first to extend your streak is ridiculous. If he tries to play through a fractured wrist to keep his streak alive, and messes up his swing or hurts his team, he's totally missing the point.

I like Tejada, and I feel bad questioning the motives of a guy who is willing to play baseball with a fractured wrist, but to me, he should just go on the dl, get better quicker, and be happy it lasted this long.

Sorry, I'm done ranting.

the thing is it probably not that big of a fracture. if they couldnt see it with an xray and had to use a C-T scan to find it it means that it couldnt have been that large nd obvious. derrek lees might have been an actual wrist fracture. this is a distal radial fracture is a fracture of one of the two long bones in the forearm that occurs close to the wrist hence the name wrist fracture but its not an actual wrist bone. that being said hes probably goin to be out a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distal_radius

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distal_radius_fracture
phinphan896
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ursa » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:11 pm

I picked up Khalil Greene to play while Tejada is hurt. I can't afford to have him trundle out, have one AB and then hit the bench. Greene obviously doesn't have the BA that Tejada has but he does have exactly the same amount of R and RBI, plus he has 2 more HRs. I'd rather see my average dip while starting Greene than go 3 or 4 ABs short every day because of Tejada keeping a meaningless streak alive.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby skapur20 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:38 pm

Giambis wrote:Was anyone else slightly miffed at that move by Tejada? I don't know ALL the details, but taking a sacrifice in the first to extend your streak is ridiculous. If he tries to play through a fractured wrist to keep his streak alive, and messes up his swing or hurts his team, he's totally missing the point.

Sorry, I'm done ranting.

i dont believe it was tejadas intention to do that jus for the streak, i think it jus ended up happening like that. gotta give the guy the benefit of the doubt. he IS an ironman

he even said himself after the game where he got hit that he needed to go to the hospital, that something wasnt right, but the trooper that tejada is, he came out and tried to play the next day but couldnt.

i hope he goes on the dl and ends the streak. maybe he can get some rest now, take some days off when he needs and be the player that he can be. because we all can see how this streak has wore down on him and hes been less of a player than he can be. that and the team around him really sucks cutting down all rbi opportunities.

i got lucky and brandon harris was still out there, heres hoping he keeps it up till tejada gets back, i hope hes not out "awhile" like that other guy said..
Last edited by skapur20 on Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ummm lets go angels? :)
skapur20
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rounders » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:44 pm

skapur20 wrote:

Sorry, I'm done ranting.

i dont think it was his intention to do that. and its not like he bunted, he actually swung at the ball and hit a dribbler into a fielders choice.

I just find it odd that they would hit him 2nd if he was intending to play the entire game.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby skapur20 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:57 pm

Rounders wrote:
skapur20 wrote:

Sorry, I'm done ranting.

i dont think it was his intention to do that. and its not like he bunted, he actually swung at the ball and hit a dribbler into a fielders choice.

I just find it odd that they would hit him 2nd if he was intending to play the entire game.

new manager, they lost like what? 9-10 games in a row now. i dont know really know why he was moved up into 2 hole for that game only. it is odd and honestly, the way tejada has been playing for the past couple years, i dont know why he hasnt hit there more. he doesnt have any power anymore and hes turned himself into a player that hits for high avg.
ummm lets go angels? :)
skapur20
College Coach
College Coach

Postby keysersoze131313 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:16 pm

Wish we'd hear some news- guess we'll know tonight- either suck it up and play or take the full 15 days- don't pull this play a few innings each game for 10 games crap.
keysersoze131313
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:25 pm

Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates