Did anyone watch the game tonite? how did Billingsley do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Did anyone watch the game tonite? how did Billingsley do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Did anyone watch the game tonite? how did Billingsley do?

Postby yankscool » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:10 pm

just wondering if he's worth the pick up.
yankscool
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Did anyone watch the game tonite? how did Billingsley do?

Postby sigriffey » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:09 am

I watched a bit of it on Extra Innings ... he looked a lot better than the box score will tell.

First off, he was on a pitch count ... he threw 70, but was slated for like 60 ... so the under 4 innings in understandable (heck, Clemens has like 50 something in the 3rd inning yesterday).

Secondly, the ump was squeezing him... not BAD calls, just not generous. Like, had it been Maddux or Glavine, they'd have gotten a reputation call.

He did walk a few guys, but that hopefully improves. His command is not amazing, but it is "plus" (take that with a grain of salt, as I am no scout).

Good K potential, good poise for a 22-year old. I like him if you don't have to drop an Oswalt or anyone for him.

If anyone found this useful, please shoot me a message with your thoughts on this question:
Should I drop Gallardo for Nate Robertson if it is a Non-Keeper league, H2H?

Thanks.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Did anyone watch the game tonite? how did Billingsley do?

Postby yankscool » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:23 pm

sigriffey wrote:I watched a bit of it on Extra Innings ... he looked a lot better than the box score will tell.

First off, he was on a pitch count ... he threw 70, but was slated for like 60 ... so the under 4 innings in understandable (heck, Clemens has like 50 something in the 3rd inning yesterday).

Secondly, the ump was squeezing him... not BAD calls, just not generous. Like, had it been Maddux or Glavine, they'd have gotten a reputation call.

He did walk a few guys, but that hopefully improves. His command is not amazing, but it is "plus" (take that with a grain of salt, as I am no scout).

Good K potential, good poise for a 22-year old. I like him if you don't have to drop an Oswalt or anyone for him.

If anyone found this useful, please shoot me a message with your thoughts on this question:
Should I drop Gallardo for Nate Robertson if it is a Non-Keeper league, H2H?

Thanks.

Just sent you a pm SidGriffey thanks for the report
yankscool
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates