different leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

different leagues

different leagues

Postby dubstar » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:30 pm

this is my first year and we are in a yahoo points league. i know that there are roto leagues, and head to head. i just cant find any good info as to the difference. are points calculated for the week? then you get a win/loss record?

do you have to win specific stats for the week?

thanks
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: different leagues

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:27 am

dubstar wrote:this is my first year and we are in a yahoo points league. i know that there are roto leagues, and head to head. i just cant find any good info as to the difference. are points calculated for the week? then you get a win/loss record?

do you have to win specific stats for the week?

thanks

I started to type out an explanation but you would probably be better off going here.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby dubstar » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:42 pm

thanks, looking foward to doing something other than points next year
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dubstar » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:14 am

im sure its all preference, but which league is used the most or considered the best/most fun?
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:38 am

dubstar wrote:im sure its all preference, but which league is used the most or considered the best/most fun?

When in doubt, I recommend H2H. New matchups every week and less chance for people to get bored or the lower teams to feel like they are out of it.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:36 pm

If you already tried a points league, I would suggest trying at least one H2H and one Rotisserie league. I won't say which is better because that's like arguing religion or politics. They're both different games and you might find out you like both. I play at least one of each every year although I really dislike point systems and rarely play.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:16 am

I personally hate points leagues, just my opinion. I would strongly suggest trying a H2H or Roto (which is my personal favorite) and then making a decision as to which you like the best. I think Roto and H2H require a bit more strategy, which I personally like. Definatly try everything and form your own opinion though.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dubstar » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:59 am

thanks for the input, yea like i said this was our first year and a few of us are already not liking points. probably gonna do h2h next year, unless there are sites(free) where you can still sign up for a second half season, know of any?
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:21 am

Yahoo has free mid-season leagues but they start on the 18th. I believe the registration period is over. Not sure of any others that are public and free.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dubstar » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:28 pm

Amazinz wrote:Yahoo has free mid-season leagues but they start on the 18th. I believe the registration period is over. Not sure of any others that are public and free.

yea by the time we got enough people commited it was too late.
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Beginner's Forum