What's with Yahoo and Curt Schilling not on the 'DL'? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's with Yahoo and Curt Schilling not on the 'DL'?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's with Yahoo and Curt Schilling not on the 'DL'?

Postby sha » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:16 pm

I wanted to move Schilling to the DL and pick-up Kenny Rogers for his start tomorrow. However...Schilling isn't listed on the "DL" and Kenny Rogers IS still listed as being on the "DL". What is up with this? I don't want to drop Schilling. I guess I would need to drop Lincecum or El Duque since they don't seem to be doing squat!
sha
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: What's with Yahoo and Curt Schilling not on the 'DL'?

Postby Dorny » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:57 pm

Boston hasn't put him on the DL yet. They will make the move tomorrow before their game. That's why Yahoo doesn't have him on there yet.
Dorny
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby greenandgold » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:29 pm

sha wrote:I wanted to move Schilling to the DL and pick-up Kenny Rogers for his start tomorrow. However...Schilling isn't listed on the "DL" and Kenny Rogers IS still listed as being on the "DL". What is up with this? I don't want to drop Schilling. I guess I would need to drop Lincecum or El Duque since they don't seem to be doing squat!

My guess is you will thank Yahoo! and the Red Sox for this tomorrow.
greenandgold
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:55 pm

Yahoo isn't nearly as efficient as people would like it to be. It usually takes them a few days to update stuff like this, although, as I have seen many other people say on here, there really is no system to what they do.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:02 pm

I'm assuming this is the list of official MLB transactions, and until it shows up here, it probably won't show up on Yahoo.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:05 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:Yahoo isn't nearly as efficient as people would like it to be. It usually takes them a few days to update stuff like this, although, as I have seen many other people say on here, there really is no system to what they do.

As others nicely pointed out, our "system" in this case is that we haven't put Schilling on the DL because he isn't on the DL, and we haven't taken Rogers off the DL because he isn't off the DL. A crazy system, I know ;-)

We don't decide when to take people on and off the DL. We follow the data feed we get, which is based on official data.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Tavish » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:12 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
FalcoAtL wrote:Yahoo isn't nearly as efficient as people would like it to be. It usually takes them a few days to update stuff like this, although, as I have seen many other people say on here, there really is no system to what they do.

As others nicely pointed out, our "system" in this case is that we haven't put Schilling on the DL because he isn't on the DL, and we haven't taken Rogers off the DL because he isn't off the DL. A crazy system, I know ;-)

We don't decide when to take people on and off the DL. We follow the data feed we get, which is based on official data.

That doesn't make any sense. You guys are Yahoo! for goodness sakes. I think you can handle something as minor as controlling MLB rosters. While you guys are putting Schilling on the DL can you go ahead and put Scott Elarton there too?

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:43 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:

You know...I've been upset with Lincecum's past few starts...can you put him on the DL so I can stash him away and pick someone up without having to cut him for when he turns it around? Thanks in advance ;D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Ender » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:20 am

He's not on the DL yet, he's officially going on the DL on Friday.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers