Rate My Team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My Team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate My Team

Postby SJNez46 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:11 pm

Since I just spent 20 minutes putting in my roster on another thread I figured I would do this too. It is a 8 team keeper league. You keep 12 players. What do you think of it? Strong Points? Weak Points?
Roster:
C: Russell Martin
1B: David Ortiz
2B: Brandon Phillips
3B: Bill Hall
SS: Miguel Tejada
OF: Manny Ramirez
OF: Magglio Ordonez
OF: Vernon Wells
Util:Kevin Youkilis
Util: Aaron Rowand
Util:Michael Cuddyer
Util:Delmon Young
DL: Aramis Ramirez
DL: Mark Teixiera

Pitching:
SP: Roy Halladay
SP: Dan Haren
SP: Matt Cain
SP: Jason Marquis
RP: Brian Fuentes
RP: Jose Valverde
RP: Scott Shields
RP:Joet Devine
P: Jon Lester
P:Jose Contreras
P: Chris Capuano
DL: Pedro Martinez
DL:Rich Harden
^ Thanks a ton to Big Pimpin for the sig.^
My Sigs http://www.freewebs.com/sjnez46/sjnez46ssiggallery.htm
SJNez46
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Team

Postby ravensjohnny » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:44 pm

pitching is a little thin to me, bats are pretty solid but i'm not sure about in an 8 team league, overall pitching depth mainly sp would be my only worry
ravensjohnny
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby somervillesoxfan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:56 pm

i would say your overall offense is nice with the exception of speed. you do not have any speed guys at all. also you could use another closer or 2. try and package some bats for some speed and another closer. also look to the waiver wire or a trade for some better SP options.

help me out
viewtopic.php?t=300516
somervillesoxfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Vicious_Machine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:21 am

nothing personal, but to be blunt. that is a pretty weak team for an 8 man league.
assuming you drafted 8th and reached on Ortiz, who did you take 9th??? Manny? Magglio if you just drafted? maybe reach on teix?

the one thing i do like is since you keep 12 players, you have a great keeper team. Haren and Cain will be top 10 SP for years to come (Haren is already there and could be top 5 by next year, Cain will be knocking on the top 10 spot in a couple years), so with those two and the Doc, Harden, Lester, i cant imagine anybody has a better, younger pitching lineup.

kind of weird compared to above two posts, i like your pitching for their keeper potential. your hitting is what scares me. Tejada on downturn, same for Manny, and i dont see anybody in there who i would have as a top 10 player anytime soon (and only Ortiz is even close).

i doubt you will win this year, so i would not be afraid to trade a couple guys for a better younger guy. i might try Ortiz for Fielder for example. and i would definately try to move Tejada to a competing team who needs a SS. he might be decent for a couple years, but when your team starts to dominate in a couple years, Tejada will definately not be a part of it. same for Manny.

i would focus on getting myself 12 great keepers this year and build around them for the future. be careful though with the keepers, you just have too many great SP who are just impossible to cut though, so i definately wouldnt be looking for any SP like somer said unless i got a great offer for somebody like Lincecum, Liriano, Santana, peavy, lackey, CC (guys like that, either insane potential or insanely good already and decently young).
Vicious_Machine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SJNez46 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:49 am

Vicious_Machine wrote:nothing personal, but to be blunt. that is a pretty weak team for an 8 man league.
assuming you drafted 8th and reached on Ortiz, who did you take 9th??? Manny? Magglio if you just drafted? maybe reach on teix?

the one thing i do like is since you keep 12 players, you have a great keeper team. Haren and Cain will be top 10 SP for years to come (Haren is already there and could be top 5 by next year, Cain will be knocking on the top 10 spot in a couple years), so with those two and the Doc, Harden, Lester, i cant imagine anybody has a better, younger pitching lineup.

kind of weird compared to above two posts, i like your pitching for their keeper potential. your hitting is what scares me. Tejada on downturn, same for Manny, and i dont see anybody in there who i would have as a top 10 player anytime soon (and only Ortiz is even close).

i doubt you will win this year, so i would not be afraid to trade a couple guys for a better younger guy. i might try Ortiz for Fielder for example. and i would definately try to move Tejada to a competing team who needs a SS. he might be decent for a couple years, but when your team starts to dominate in a couple years, Tejada will definately not be a part of it. same for Manny.

i would focus on getting myself 12 great keepers this year and build around them for the future. be careful though with the keepers, you just have too many great SP who are just impossible to cut though, so i definately wouldnt be looking for any SP like somer said unless i got a great offer for somebody like Lincecum, Liriano, Santana, peavy, lackey, CC (guys like that, either insane potential or insanely good already and decently young).

DIdnt put this in before, but I took over this team because the owner abandoned it. The guy who had it before drafted took Dice-k in the 2nd round. I just traded Manny in a deal that I got beckett in. The guy drafted 7th and took Dice-K with the 10th pick overall. >:# I think my keepers are pretty strong, and I think I have a great OF. How is David Ortiz not a top 10 player? He hit 54 HRs last year with 137 RBIs. I agree with you on my pitching but I dont think my hitting is "weak". (I know it could be better though)
SJNez46
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Vicious_Machine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:15 am

well, i dont want to get too much into rankings of players, most people cant even agree on the top 5, much less the top 10! haha

but currently this would be my personal top 10 in a keeper (obviously open to league stats, but assuming 12 teams, 5x5), and in this order:
Pujols - ARod - Cabrera - Reyes - Vlad - Utley - Sizemore - Santana - Fielder - Peavy

although i might take Beltran/Hanley/Holliday/Wright over Peavy. i like the hitters early, but Peavy in a keeper seems tough to pass. and Vlad could drop cause of his age.
but Ortiz comes after those guys. this year he has like 12 hrs? pujols has more and he slept for the 1st couple months, haha. but like i said, very open to interpretation.
and dice-k that early.... ouch

and i dont think you hitting is weak, its just average for an 8 team league. i'm in a 6 man league, but we have a few extra roster spots, and each team is so stacked. i went from 1st to 6 to 2nd all in the past week.

but who are your 12 keepers your leaning on though?
Vicious_Machine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SJNez46 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:35 am

ya ortiz is doing pretty bad this far, and I am biased since I am a Red SOx fan.These are my probable keepers so far
David Ortiz,Mark Teixiera, Aramis Ramirez, Vernon Wells, Magglio Ordonez, Miguel Tejada, Roy Halladay,Josh Beckett, Dan Haren, Jose Valverde, then Delmon Young or Russell Martin.I have a few on the border that will depend on how the rest of the season goes. Lester, Fuentes, Cain, and some others.
SJNez46
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Vicious_Machine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:43 pm

i definately wouldnt keep Tejada
his stats have already started to drop, and he's way too old already.

i would keep Cain and Lester for sure. even over Valverde/Russell Martin.
i sure hope you didnt trade Manny straight up for Beckett though, you probably could have got a little more.

i would still consider offering Ortiz for Fielder. you production may hurt this year, and even the next couple years, but FIelder is going to be around for a while after that. ;D
Vicious_Machine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SJNez46 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:04 pm

ya, i dont think I will keep Tejada. Especially since he fractured his wrist. I just traded Russell MArtin and got Adrian Gonzalez and Varitek. Pretty sure I got the best of that one. Is this a good trade for Fielder? I get Fielder and Markakis for Ortiz and Granderson? I dont know that I need him now that I have Gonzalez, since I have Teixiera too. WHat do you think?
SJNez46
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RotoRook » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:11 pm

Offense is good, speed is good. Shore up on SP's.

viewtopic.php?t=302216
RotoRook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team