Tejada Injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Tejada Injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tejada Injury

Postby Athrun340 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:34 pm

from yahoo:

Jun 21 Correcting an earlier item, Bernie Wilson, of The Associated Press, reports Baltimore Orioles SS Miguel Tejada (wrist) appeared in the club's game Thursday, June 21, long enough to extend his consecutive-games streak to 1,152. Tejada grounded into a fielder's choice in the first inning, and then IF Chris Gomez pinch ran for Tejada. Interim manager Dave Trembley said that Tejada felt OK before the game but was uncomfortable once he was at bat. Trembley added that he had to "walk a fine line between doing what's right for the team and what's right for Tejada, out of respect. Today, I took him out of the game for the team, but I allowed him to have that at-bat out of respect for him." Tejada bunted into a force out on the play then left with a sore wrist.
^^Ty Smoovethug^^
Athrun340
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby freakshow » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:37 pm

nutycoco69 wrote:
converge241 wrote:
Miguel Tejada, who suffered a bruised wrist Wednesday, was pulled for a pinch-runner after bunting into a fielder's choice in the first inning of Thursday's game.

How ridiculous. Tejada's consecutive games streak is worthless if this is what he'll do to extend it. The Orioles knew in advance that this was how it would play out, as they moved Tejada up to the second spot in the order to accomodate him. We're certainly not questioning Tejada's toughness, but if he was too hurt to play, he should have been a man and sat out.

%6

once they make sure its not a hairline fracture hell probably start playing again

He couldn't even keep his left had on the bat while taking practice swings in the on deck circle...he was swinging essentially one handed. All this did was add one more day to his DL stint if he does have to sit for a couple weeks.

I don't understand the move...unless they're going to do this every day until he's ready, which might be a while considering how he looked. Tejada's streak isn't important to anyone but Tejada and I think it speaks a lot to his dedication to himself instead of the team...Cal never pulled a stunt like this, he was banged up on occasion, but he was always better than the alternative. Tonight, Tejada was not even close to being the best player available.

ESPN just put up that he's got a broken wrist...
freakshow
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:44 pm

Just like the last poster said...ESPN Radio 1000 in Chicago just reported that Tejada has been diagnosed with a BROKEN wrist and will be going on the DL... :~(
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby chinst » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:53 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:Unless you believe the Cal Ripken/Kevin Costner conspiracy theories, lol:

Cal Ripken, Jr. was allowing Kevin Costner, the actor, to stay at his house, following the wrap of "The Postman". One day, Ripken left for Camden Yards to play in a game. Somewhere between his home and the stadium, Cal realized that he had left something back at his house, and turned back to retrieve it. Upon arriving at his home, he found Kevin Costner in bed with his wife, Kelly. Cal then proceeded to beat the crap out of Costner, to the point that Costner was unable to make any publicity opportunities for a time. Cal then called the Orioles, and told them he wouldn't be coming in to play that day. Upon hearing this, the owner reminded Cal about his streak, telling him The Streak would end if he didn't play that day. Cal told him it was impossible for him to come in, so there went the streak. Reportedly, the owner told him not to worry, because he would take care of it. That night, the game was cancelled due to "electrical failure" with some lights on the field. The caller said that their was no problem with the lights, that everything else, including the hotels and restaurants that are part of Camden Yards, worked perfectly. The next day, the lights were fixed, Cal was able to play, and the streak stayed intact.

This is false.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/costner.asp
chinst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby phinphan896 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:01 am

BALCO All-Stars wrote:Just like the last poster said...ESPN Radio 1000 in Chicago just reported that Tejada has been diagnosed with a BROKEN wrist and will be going on the DL... :~(

how long.
phinphan896
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:03 am

And I drafted him in large part so I could take chances on other guys since I figured MiggyTej would stay healthy...dang it. :C

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby freakshow » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:30 am

nutycoco69 wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:Just like the last poster said...ESPN Radio 1000 in Chicago just reported that Tejada has been diagnosed with a BROKEN wrist and will be going on the DL... :~(

how long.

Distal radial fracture if that means anything to anyone...sounds like a broken arm to me. Don't know what the recovery time looks like on that.
freakshow
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby AllStar215 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:37 am

freakshow wrote:
nutycoco69 wrote:

how long.

Distal radial fracture if that means anything to anyone...sounds like a broken arm to me. Don't know what the recovery time looks like on that.

I'm guessing 6-8 weeks...
AllStar215
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazing Oopah » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:40 am

yeah, broken wrists for major league hitters are nothing to play around with. Crap, now I have to find a replacement for a midseason league where I have him.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby KrunK » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:46 am

Glad I've been switching off between Renteria and Tejada throughout the season :-° At least I can pick up a hot pitcher or another prospect throughout his DL stint.
Credit to smoovethug on the sig
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates