Tejada Injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Tejada Injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tejada Injury

Postby phinphan896 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:39 pm

converge241 wrote:
Miguel Tejada, who suffered a bruised wrist Wednesday, was pulled for a pinch-runner after bunting into a fielder's choice in the first inning of Thursday's game.

How ridiculous. Tejada's consecutive games streak is worthless if this is what he'll do to extend it. The Orioles knew in advance that this was how it would play out, as they moved Tejada up to the second spot in the order to accomodate him. We're certainly not questioning Tejada's toughness, but if he was too hurt to play, he should have been a man and sat out.

%6

once they make sure its not a hairline fracture hell probably start playing again
phinphan896
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:40 pm

I'm betting Ripken probably did the same thing a time or two... I haven't looked it up yet, but when I do I'll report my findings.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:44 pm

The bat him second & have him lay down a bunt. Weak.

Will an * go next to his streak now? lol
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby phinphan896 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:51 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:I'm betting Ripken probably did the same thing a time or two... I haven't looked it up yet, but when I do I'll report my findings.
i bet ur right that mr golden boy did do the same thing.
phinphan896
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:13 pm

I usually have players like Prior, Wood and Harden on my team...Tejada is the last person I thought would get injured on my squad... :[
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby 5 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:25 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:The bat him second & have him lay down a bunt. Weak.

What a tool.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Oriole Way » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:00 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:I'm betting Ripken probably did the same thing a time or two... I haven't looked it up yet, but when I do I'll report my findings.

Wrong, Cal never resorted to cheap tactics to extend the streak. Lou Gehrig did twice, but Cal never did.

Cal was ejected in the first inning of games a couple of times, but he never took a first-inning at-bat only to leave due to injury or illness.
Oriole Way
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:53 pm

Unless you believe the Cal Ripken/Kevin Costner conspiracy theories, lol:

Cal Ripken, Jr. was allowing Kevin Costner, the actor, to stay at his house, following the wrap of "The Postman". One day, Ripken left for Camden Yards to play in a game. Somewhere between his home and the stadium, Cal realized that he had left something back at his house, and turned back to retrieve it. Upon arriving at his home, he found Kevin Costner in bed with his wife, Kelly. Cal then proceeded to beat the crap out of Costner, to the point that Costner was unable to make any publicity opportunities for a time. Cal then called the Orioles, and told them he wouldn't be coming in to play that day. Upon hearing this, the owner reminded Cal about his streak, telling him The Streak would end if he didn't play that day. Cal told him it was impossible for him to come in, so there went the streak. Reportedly, the owner told him not to worry, because he would take care of it. That night, the game was cancelled due to "electrical failure" with some lights on the field. The caller said that their was no problem with the lights, that everything else, including the hotels and restaurants that are part of Camden Yards, worked perfectly. The next day, the lights were fixed, Cal was able to play, and the streak stayed intact.
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GymRat33 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:27 pm

ESPN has just reported Tejada has a "serious wrist fracture" and will likely "require some time off" ...Sorry I don't have a link to confirm this but I literally saw this 3 minutes ago on Sportscenter.
GymRat33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Athrun340 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:33 pm

LOL is that true? sp_da_man?? where'd you get that haha ..
^^Ty Smoovethug^^
Athrun340
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates