Team Implosion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Team Implosion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Team Implosion

Postby outofstep » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:57 am

Standard 6x6 12-team H2H league. I've had to completely overhaul my pitching mid-season due to injury, poor performance and more. My hitting (namely OF) had a similar incident. So, I've had to punt a couple categories and try to just get through this mess. I've punted HR, SB and SVs and am focusing on R, RBI, AVG, OBP, IP, W, K, ERA, WHIP... Though things haven't gone according to plan.

I'm currently jammed up with two other teams in the 7/8/9 positions. 4th, 5th and 6th are right there, too. I just need to move up a couple slots. I need some creative ideas...

C V-mart
1B Helton
2B Utley
3B Braun
SS Tejada
OF Ibanez
OF Hawpe
OF K. Johnson (2B/OF eligibility)
UTL Youkilis (1B, 3B OF eligibility)
UTL B. Harris
BN Hamilton
DL Teixeira

SP Gallardo
SP J. Johnson
SP S. Marshall
SP Bailey
SP Buehrle
SP Slowey
SP Clemens
SP A. Miller
SP Smoltz

RP Shields
RP Neshek
RP Bell

I went through a phase where my hitters were mashing and my pitchers were sinking me (ie: losing 6 categories), so I made some changes, too many probably, and ended up with a glut of pitchers and not enough hitters.

Please help. WHIR, if possible.
outofstep
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Team Implosion

Postby normdamarine » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:00 pm

What are you going to do after the All-star game when Tex comes off the DL? You should look at getting help in the outfield or Pitching by moving one of your 1st basemen...
normdamarine Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby DJK413 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:26 pm

I would look to move Helton for an OF once Teix comes back, you have depth at 1B, and could use another outfielder.
DJK413
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby normdamarine » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:22 pm

Sorry dude I am not in your league... This is my team though...

C Jason Varitek
1B Adrian Gonzalez
2B Rickie Weeks
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Hanley Ramirez
OF Gary Sheffield
OF Hideki Matsui
OF Bill Hall
OF Brad Hawpe
OF Aaron Rowand
1B Mark Teixeira

PITCHERS
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Al Reyes
P James Shields
P Dan Haren
RP Matt Capps
RP Chad Cordero
P Josh Beckett
P Chien-Ming Wang
P Fausto Carmona
P Mike Mussina
normdamarine Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby outofstep » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:20 am

that's nice.
outofstep
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Vicious_Machine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:04 am

your definately in trouble since your punting SO MANY CATEGORIES in a H2H league.
in a rotess thats ok, but in a H2H, thats dangerous territory.

your going into a week down 0-3, meaning you have to win 7 out of the remaining 9 categories to win the week... ouch

but there are still many things you can do.

for one, DONT move helton. unless your in a league with idiots, his trade value is crap. he has what? 6-7hr? not even 40 rbi? your not getting much for him in return.

1st name some WW players, cause if you get somebody for free, thats a HUGE plus.
look for Reggie Willits from LAA, great guy for runs and steals, and i read somewhere about a week ago, he was owned in like 10% of leagues or something. hitting leadoff too, he could be a great pickup for you OF, and let you move a more proven OF who would have more trade value (like Ibanez, or maybe Hawpe)

if things get really desperate, the best guy to move might be Utley. yes he's by far the best 2B, and a top 10 player, but that also means you could get A LOT for him. maybe even two Stud OF, and you could move Kelley to your 2B (else you could pick up K. Matsui from Colorado, who plays 2B and steals a lot, then with Willits + Matsui, you'd be an auto threat at SB each week, and if you got some OF in a trade who could steal, like Crawford or a cheap Pierre, you'd have that category locked up most weeks)
Vicious_Machine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby normdamarine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:15 am

uggggggg I hate Pierre.... You would be better off with Crawford...
normdamarine Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Vicious_Machine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:36 am

normdamarine wrote:uggggggg I hate Pierre.... You would be better off with Crawford...

oh wow. great statement there mr. obvious....
what next? you going to say its better to have pujols then overbay?
the main point was where i said "CHEAP" pierre, cause pierre would cost 1/50th to trade for compared to what Crawford costs....

if its going to cost Utley for Crawford straight up, or say Hamilton for Pierre, i'll take Pierre
Vicious_Machine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby normdamarine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:46 am

Dude no need to be a dick... I was agreeing with you and just stating I do not like Pierre... It is a wonder why many people do not respnd to so many post... With the response you gave many would think your just a pure dick and need some medication...
normdamarine Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Vicious_Machine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:52 am

normdamarine wrote:Dude no need to be a dick... I was agreeing with you and just stating I do not like Pierre... It is a wonder why many people do not respnd to so many post... With the response you gave many would think your just a pure dick and need some medication...

your the only one using words that would be considered insulting.
and no wonder you have so many posts... all you do is state the obvious, or re-state what other people say.

in both your posts after mine, you've added 0 words of value for "outofstep". now if he actually reads this post looking for decent advise, he might miss it cause your flooding it with pointless posts.

please delete your posts or add somthing of value to them rather then just stating i'm correct. i already know i'm right, and outofstep asked for advice on his team, i dont think he needs to read a post going "i agree with what that guy said".

i rather have 1 reply to a post with meaning then 20 that are pointless or involve insults (and clearly your the only one doing that too with words like "dick" and "medication")

and plz dont post again unless you have some legit advice or something to contribute. nothing personal, but i would prefer he actually reads my post and it helps him improve his team. if he sees 20 posts here, he'll probably just browse over my initial one which could seriously help his team.
Vicious_Machine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team