Everyone is throwing a hissy fit, Are they right ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Everyone is throwing a hissy fit, Are they right ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Everyone is throwing a hissy fit, Are they right ?

Postby X Man » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:39 am

A little backround, I've been in this keeper league for 8 years now, My team has been stricken with underachievers and injuries this season, and is buried on the bottom part of the standings, Because of this, I have decided to be a seller and have entered into preliminary talks with the top teams to feel out what deals would be available.

Anyway, In the early stages, I received an offer from the first place team ( Who happens to be my brother) That I felt was too good to refuse and it appeared to me, to be a fair trade as it helps him this season and clearly helps me long term, We have no limit to the number of players we can keep.

Here it is....

He gets R. Halladay, J. Kent, R. Paulino and J.Gutherie

I get R. Harden, Salty, BJ Upton, Turnbow ( I will drop ) and his next years #1 pick

I'm looking for objective opinions from outside of our league, Thanks in advance.
X Man
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Everyone is throwing a hissy fit, Are they right ?

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:01 am

I see nothing wrong with this deal.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:13 am

Seems absolutely fine to me. This is what keepers are all about.

For a reference, I just made a post on my keeper league message board indicating that I would package my Lincecum/Bailey/Hughes in a deal for a bonafide ace in the here and now. I need that ace to really contend, and they could certainly use those 3 studs to build their team around.

Point is - this is what makes keepers as great as they are. Explain to your league this concept, and if they still can't see the reasoning, find a better league next year... :/
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby bananaphone » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:03 pm

I wouldn't be upset with it if I were another team. It's obvious that you're a seller, and you want to try and regroup for next year. If anything, I'd say you're getting shorted with Harden, as he's a more recent version of Prior. I'd say go after another starter of similar value instead. Getting rid of Kent actually helps you, because he's not going to be around much longer, and the other 2 guys are like waiver players. Try and upgrade Rich Harden!

The first thing I would probably do if I saw this going down, is send you a PM, and see if you're interested in a trade (assuming I could contend at all).
bananaphone
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Commissioner's Corner