The BIGS on the Wii - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

The BIGS on the Wii

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The BIGS on the Wii

Postby Laean » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:22 pm

anyone getting this game?

half the reason i got the wii was so that i could play a baseball game with the wiimote. too bad that the first baseball game that's coming out for the wii is a baseball "arcade" game instead of a baseball simulation. still, i'll get it since i'm desperate.

anyone else have thoughts on this game?
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The BIGS on the Wii

Postby Boyakasha » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:38 am

I don't know if I could handle a real baseball game on the Wii. I think I tweaked my oblique just playing the Wii Sports baseball game. :b
Boyakasha
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:28 pm

I'm planning on getting this game. If the worst this game could be is the wii sports baseball game, even then it would still be fun.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Laean » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:11 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I'm planning on getting this game. If the worst this game could be is the wii sports baseball game, even then it would still be fun.

i guess that is true.

baseball simulations are sure to soon follow, right? i really wish MLB The Show, or even Major League Baseball 2k7 was on the wii.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby byfrcp » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 pm

I'm going to get it, but I'm really upset that the Wii refuses to put anything online. Why did they even put the wireless internet connection in the console if they refuse to put anything online?? Also I read it doesn't have all the features of the 360 and PS3 versions which is stupid. Wii really has given the shaft so far. All that and I'm still going to get it.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Laean » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:09 am

byfrcp wrote:I'm going to get it, but I'm really upset that the Wii refuses to put anything online. Why did they even put the wireless internet connection in the console if they refuse to put anything online?? Also I read it doesn't have all the features of the 360 and PS3 versions which is stupid. Wii really has given the shaft so far. All that and I'm still going to get it.

i have it reserved at gamestop, but i'm really conflicted about getting it now. like you said, it doesn't have all the features of 360 and ps3. it also has worse graphics of course. and finally, i've been reading that the batting requires you to hold the wiimote with one hand and the nunchuck with the other. i'm not sure if this means you can't bat realistically or not (maybe i can just hold the wiimote and nunchuck near each other like a bat anyway), but it seems cumbersome. the pitching also doesn't use realistic motions since it requires the nunchuck as well and the cord gets in the way.

some people in other forums are saying it's fine even if the batting and pitching doesn't simulate realistic movements, but it lowers the value of The BIGS a lot for me. the reason i wanted the wii was for the realistic baseball movements. if i am going to play this game like i'm holding a controller with 2 hands anyway, i might as well have gotten an xbox 360, since 360 has better graphics, and a whole other better baseball game overall (2k7 - an actual baseball simulation game).

i'm seriously considering selling my wii and getting an xbox 360 instead right now. there's so many good games on xobx 360 right now like oblivion, dead rising, gears of war, baseball 2k7. not to mention, more awesomegames to come like fallout 3, etc.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby byfrcp » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:00 pm

I got it the other day, and it's been very fun thus far. You can play it with small movements or more realistic baseball movements, but after a while the pitching really starts to hurt my elbow (makes me think Rich Harden and Mark Prior are iron men). So I usually just do the small movements and it's just as enjoyable. So far I'd give it an 8/10.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Laean » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:16 pm

byfrcp wrote:I got it the other day, and it's been very fun thus far. You can play it with small movements or more realistic baseball movements, but after a while the pitching really starts to hurt my elbow (makes me think Rich Harden and Mark Prior are iron men). So I usually just do the small movements and it's just as enjoyable. So far I'd give it an 8/10.

batting 2 handed while holding wiimote in right hand and nunchuck in left hand doesn't feel awkward? how about when batting left handed?

would you recommend getting the wii version (motion controls) or the xbox version (better graphics, pinball homerun derby mode, online too i think)? i got an xbox 360 couple of days ago.

also, would you recommend this game even if i already got major league baseball 2k7?
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby byfrcp » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:39 pm

Laean wrote:
byfrcp wrote:I got it the other day, and it's been very fun thus far. You can play it with small movements or more realistic baseball movements, but after a while the pitching really starts to hurt my elbow (makes me think Rich Harden and Mark Prior are iron men). So I usually just do the small movements and it's just as enjoyable. So far I'd give it an 8/10.

batting 2 handed while holding wiimote in right hand and nunchuck in left hand doesn't feel awkward? how about when batting left handed?

would you recommend getting the wii version (motion controls) or the xbox version (better graphics, pinball homerun derby mode, online too i think)? i got an xbox 360 couple of days ago.

also, would you recommend this game even if i already got major league baseball 2k7?

I don't think I would recommend it for you. The Wii is the only Next Gen system I have and this is the first MLB game to come out for it so I had to get it. With your ability to buy MLB 2K7 I wouldn't even bother with this game as a Real Baseball Simulation is a much better game.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Laean » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:15 am

byfrcp wrote:
Laean wrote:

I don't think I would recommend it for you. The Wii is the only Next Gen system I have and this is the first MLB game to come out for it so I had to get it. With your ability to buy MLB 2K7 I wouldn't even bother with this game as a Real Baseball Simulation is a much better game.

yeah, that's what i figured. cool, thanks for the heads up.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Video Games