Pet Peeves - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pet Peeves

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pet Peeves

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:18 am

Old_Style wrote:I'll add to the grocery store pet peeves. Self checkout lanes. I'm never going to use these things. It's not my job.

Hey, I like those, they make my visit shorter.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CadensDad » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:21 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:
Old_Style wrote:I'll add to the grocery store pet peeves. Self checkout lanes. I'm never going to use these things. It's not my job.

They are fine by be but you cant do produce on them and if the abrcode wont scan for some reason it takes hours to get help

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:36 pm

Self checkout is the greatest thing EVER. But I'm glad a lot of people hate them because it means less people using them so I can. I have two BIG pet peeves at the grocery store; the lady in front of me with a ridiculous amount of crap pays by check and or can't find 17 in cents at the bottom of her purse. Also, I like to avoid human interaction wherever possible. They work for me because I don't buy a lot of groceries and after doing it just a few times, produce isn't nearly as difficult as it seems. I sometimes like to time myself to see how fast I can check out. The only thing that sucks is that more and more people are trying them out; I always liked them because they meant I never had to stand in line.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby fezzik » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:26 pm

CadensDad wrote:
Pokeyouindaeye wrote:

They are fine by be but you cant do produce on them and if the abrcode wont scan for some reason it takes hours to get help

You can do produce in the ones in my area...it's pretty easy...touchscreen with pictures of each produce item they have. You can even do alcohol, although they have a person come check your ID. ;-D

I used to loathe them for some reason, but one time I was in there and all the lines were 4-5 customers deep...and I walked to the self-checkout line and finished before the first person at the register did. It can be quite empowering. ;-)
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk