J35J wrote:How about shopper habits....grrrr
I work at a grocery store as a summer job...so here come mine from a worker's point of view...
1) When the store is two minutes from locking the door for the night, someone comes in, gets a cart, says "I'll just be a minute, I know you guys are closing", then proceeds to shop for 15 minutes and come through with more than 30 things.
2) The people who take 15 minutes to fill out a check.
A) There are these handy things called debit cards now.
B) Stores can all electronically print the check for you these days.
C) Do you or do you not see the 5 people in line behind you while you spend more than 3 minutes trying to spell "thirteen"?
3) People who just decide they don't want something and set it down whereever they are standing at that moment. I kid you not, I once found a skateboard in the meat freezer. Take the extra 20 steps to take it back to where you got it.
4) People who get all the way to the checkout line with a cartfull of stuff, watch as you ring it all up, and then choose that moment to tell you they have to "go home to get their money"
5) People who are missing teeth and have terrible body odor, who come in with their family of five (all of whom have the same problem), and buy cigarettes and beer. Maybe you should spend the 25 dollars on soap and toothpaste?
6) My personal favorite....When it is late at night, and i'm the only cashier at one of the registers. I'm standing right there, with the belt moving. A shopper comes up...looks right at me....and asks "Are you open?"..........I'm going to start saying no.
7) People who get 750 dollars a month on foodstamps.
8) Whenever an items barcode does not scan right away, because it is either wrinkled or torn or something....the customer will WITHOUT FAIL say "It must be free".
9) People who get offended when ID'ed for alcohol or Cigarettes
10) People who yell, scream, or spank their kids in the store.
One that doesn't apply to my store...but It drives me nuts when I go to Wal-Mart. They have 30 checkout lines...but only 2 of them are open at any given time. And they are of course, both always on the opposite end of the store from where I parked. Then I have to wait for 6 people to checkout with their monthly groceries so I can buy a 99 cent thing of toothpicks. Is it so hard to open a couple other lines?