100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pet Peeves

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pet Peeves

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:12 pm

CadensDad wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
CadensDad wrote:Another pet peeve of mine is when a female tells me I've heard about you, and they never tell you what they heard. Its just a thing that annoys me alot.

Oh, I've heard about you too CadensDad... ;-7

Or my new recent pet peeve is when I tell the people "What happens at Keith's house stay's at keith's house" I dont want everyone at work knowing the next day

Just for the record, Keith is the coolest name ever ;-7
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:21 pm

CadensDad wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
CadensDad wrote:Another pet peeve of mine is when a female tells me I've heard about you, and they never tell you what they heard. Its just a thing that annoys me alot.

Oh, I've heard about you too CadensDad... ;-7

Or my new recent pet peeve is when I tell the people "What happens at Keith's house stay's at keith's house" I dont want everyone at work knowing the next day

Don't invite people from work to your house. :-D Just for kicks, what happened? We won't tell anyone we've heard about you. :-X :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:23 pm

Coppermine wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Gee, don't be an ageist, Cu.

OK, so I was on the Santa Monica Freeway the other day, and, wouldn't you know, 20-something Artful Dodger was in the left lane with his left-hand turn signal on for 87 miles! :-b

I even tried to "let him in" but he just wouldn't go! What a waste of .67 minutes! :*)

Yeah, my other car is a Millennium Falcon.

Coppermine wrote:Just for the record, Keith is the coolest name ever ;-7

I think Ray is. I mean, they name a TV show, a 60's sports car, and a baseball team after you. ;-7
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Postby CadensDad » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:46 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote: Another pet peeve of mine is when a female tells me I've heard about you, and they never tell you what they heard. Its just a thing that annoys me alot.

Oh, I've heard about you too CadensDad... ;-7[/quote]

Or my new recent pet peeve is when I tell the people "What happens at Keith's house stay's at keith's house" I dont want everyone at work knowing the next day[/quote]

Don't invite people from work to your house. :-D Just for kicks, what happened? We won't tell anyone we've heard about you. :-X :-b[/quote]

Uhhhh I better not wife might read this....... oops sorry hunny

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dclark0699 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:13 pm

J35J wrote:How about shopper habits....grrrr

I work at a grocery store as a summer job...so here come mine from a worker's point of view...

1) When the store is two minutes from locking the door for the night, someone comes in, gets a cart, says "I'll just be a minute, I know you guys are closing", then proceeds to shop for 15 minutes and come through with more than 30 things.

2) The people who take 15 minutes to fill out a check.
A) There are these handy things called debit cards now.
B) Stores can all electronically print the check for you these days.
C) Do you or do you not see the 5 people in line behind you while you spend more than 3 minutes trying to spell "thirteen"?

3) People who just decide they don't want something and set it down whereever they are standing at that moment. I kid you not, I once found a skateboard in the meat freezer. Take the extra 20 steps to take it back to where you got it.

4) People who get all the way to the checkout line with a cartfull of stuff, watch as you ring it all up, and then choose that moment to tell you they have to "go home to get their money"

5) People who are missing teeth and have terrible body odor, who come in with their family of five (all of whom have the same problem), and buy cigarettes and beer. Maybe you should spend the 25 dollars on soap and toothpaste?

6) My personal favorite....When it is late at night, and i'm the only cashier at one of the registers. I'm standing right there, with the belt moving. A shopper comes up...looks right at me....and asks "Are you open?"..........I'm going to start saying no.

7) People who get 750 dollars a month on foodstamps.

8) Whenever an items barcode does not scan right away, because it is either wrinkled or torn or something....the customer will WITHOUT FAIL say "It must be free".

9) People who get offended when ID'ed for alcohol or Cigarettes

10) People who yell, scream, or spank their kids in the store.

One that doesn't apply to my store...but It drives me nuts when I go to Wal-Mart. They have 30 checkout lines...but only 2 of them are open at any given time. And they are of course, both always on the opposite end of the store from where I parked. Then I have to wait for 6 people to checkout with their monthly groceries so I can buy a 99 cent thing of toothpicks. Is it so hard to open a couple other lines?
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:28 pm

Speaking of grocery stores...something that is completely irrational but bothers me to no end is the "10 items or less" lanes. I like the concept, I like the convenience, but for the love of god, doesn't anyone care about actually using the correct word? Would it be that hard to print signs that say "10 items or fewer"? I can't be the only person bothered by this.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby soxfan364 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:55 am

That Wal Mart thing is one of mine too... would it kill them to open a few more registers. Although our local Wal Mart has been a little better at this lately.

I can give you marriage ones too... like when my wife asks me at midnight to take a look at a computer problem.. WTF I have to work in the AM
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby wake » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:40 pm

zepfan wrote:It's occured to me that MLB players pointing to the sky is a pet peeve of mine.

Just read through the thread and this is one of my pet peeves too. Like God is sitting there for a player's first three at bats saying to himself "I hate this guy, I'm going to make him line out to the shortstop" and then in his fourth at bat he lets him reach on a seeing-eye single.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:45 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Speaking of grocery stores...something that is completely irrational but bothers me to no end is the "10 items or less" lanes. I like the concept, I like the convenience, but for the love of god, doesn't anyone care about actually using the correct word? Would it be that hard to print signs that say "10 items or fewer"? I can't be the only person bothered by this.

I'm much more bothered by the people who blatantly ignore the sign and hop on the line (not to mention are checked out) with a cart full of groceries, while I sit there with milk, bread, and eggs, waiting. They should just put on the sign, "=< 10 Items of GTF Out"
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby Old_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:50 am

I'll add to the grocery store pet peeves. Self checkout lanes. I'm never going to use these things. It's not my job.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk