Pet Peeves - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pet Peeves

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pet Peeves

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:25 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
knapplc wrote:I don't know about anywhere else, but about half the women that I see driving minivans in Lincoln, NE are smoking hot. Where are you, England? Where do you live?

AD lives in California. I don't think they have hot women there...

The soccer mom types that I've seen here are kind of overrated just that they're so-so, but every now and then, you'll come across some 35 year-old divorced buxom blonde with 3 young kids who hasn't gotten some in ages. :-b But you find them in the Orange County suburbs mostly. :-°

Speaking of which, Orange County has some hot MILF private bankers and masseuses also that are easier to get than the average soccer mom. ;-D

Mookie4ever wrote:Do you have some special feature that sends you a message every time the words soccer, wrestling or revver are posted in a thread? :-{

Pretty much, yes. You forgot the words "heavy metal" in there too. O:-) ;-7
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 453)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:32 pm

CadensDad wrote:Another pet peeve of mine is when a female tells me I've heard about you, and they never tell you what they heard. Its just a thing that annoys me alot.

Well, that just means they're kind enough not to disclose any little, minute, itsy bitsy embarrassing details about you.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:33 pm

OK, I've got a new Pet Peeve for ya guys, one that has bothered me for a loooooong time.

Old Man + Car + Highway + Blinker = Argh

Have you seen this? The old man in the Buick whose had his left turn signal on ever since he merged onto the highway 20 miles ago? Sometimes I like to get behind those people and put my turn signal on too just to see if they notice that and be like "Look at the idiot with his turn signal on.... ..... .... oh"
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:51 pm

Coppermine wrote:OK, I've got a new Pet Peeve for ya guys, one that has bothered me for a loooooong time.

Have you seen this? The old man in the Buick whose had his left turn signal on ever since he merged onto the highway 20 miles ago? Sometimes I like to get behind those people and put my turn signal on too just to see if they notice that and be like "Look at the idiot with his turn signal on.... ..... .... oh"

And they drive the exact speed limit in the left lane with those really dark cataract sunglasses.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby J35J » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:53 pm

How about shopper habits....grrrr

Self or Express Checkout: We realize this may be a novel concept to some, but please try to remember that the Express checkout is supposed to be fast. There is a reason that they put limit 10 or 20 items on the sign right in front of the register line and that the register itself has about 5 square feet of counter space. It is because those lines are intended for us shoppers who are picking up a package of lightbulbs, not those of you who are doing your heavy duty grocery shopping for the whole family. This especially goes out to those of you who are shopping with your 4 children and 3 of their friends who try to use the Self-Checkout for your 2 carts full of crap while talking on your cell phone. Please let one of the highly skilled cashiers help you so that it only takes us 5 minutes to check out instead of 25 minutes.

Shopping Cart Orphans: Just about all shopping centers and stores provide cart corrals for a reason... please use them. It is not that hard to walk the 15 feet from the back of your car over to the cart corral to put the cart out of the way. And the frustrating part is that the people who do this are, of course, leaving the cart behind so it isn't their car that gets dinged it's ours.

Price Check: Granted, this one can happen to just about anyone. We don't expect that an item we've chosen to purchase will come up without a price -- or often we may not notice that the tag is missing. Nevertheless is there anything more frustrating than waiting in line behind the individual who brought 50 items to the Express line only to find out that item #49 is missing a tag so we now have to wait for the price check also? And this is one of those things that always seems to happen when you're in a hurry.

Parking Space Stalker: These are the people that will sit and wait for 5 minutes to watch someone walk to their car, put their bags away, put the child in the child seat, etc. All to save themselves from having to move 4 spots farther down in the row. If you have a medical reason for doing this (trouble walking, handicap, etc) then you get a pass as long as you're one of the drivers who are intelligent enough to avoid sitting in the middle of the aisle so that other drivers can't get around you. Otherwise, we like to laugh at these people as we drive around them, park, do our shopping, and then wave as we pass them still waiting for their spot on our way back to our car.

The Crude Negotiator: Another of our personal favorites, this shopper is the one that will hold up an entire checkout line because they were about to be charged $0.30 too much for their bananas on a grocery bill that is about to total $150.00. Congratulations on holding your ground for the principle of the matter. Meanwhile the rest of us in line are counting the number of items you're buying that could be used to permanently disable you.

...I'll admit I haven't read through all these pages so if some or all of these have been mentioned....sorry! :-S
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 621)

Postby beatdrum » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:50 pm

When people say "Wimbleton" instead of "Wimbledon".
beatdrum
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:56 pm

Coppermine wrote:OK, I've got a new Pet Peeve for ya guys, one that has bothered me for a loooooong time.

Gee, don't be an ageist, Cu. I've seen people on L.A. freeways leave their blinkers on by happenstance for miles on end.

What I do find slightly more annoying is drivers meandering through slow traffic, looking to change lanes in compacted space...and you give them space good enough to squeeze through, but they don't take it because they're afraid for whatever reason to take it (not enough room for ya?). You insist that they take it being a good sport (because you're not going anywhere any time soon practically), but still don't take it. That's 15-20 seconds wasted right there.

J35J wrote:Self or Express Checkout: We realize this may be a novel concept to some, but please try to remember that the Express checkout is supposed to be fast. There is a reason that they put limit 10 or 20 items on the sign right in front of the register line and that the register itself has about 5 square feet of counter space. It is because those lines are intended for us shoppers who are picking up a package of lightbulbs, not those of you who are doing your heavy duty grocery shopping for the whole family. This especially goes out to those of you who are shopping with your 4 children and 3 of their friends who try to use the Self-Checkout for your 2 carts full of crap while talking on your cell phone. Please let one of the highly skilled cashiers help you so that it only takes us 5 minutes to check out instead of 25 minutes.

That's why I shop at Costco. Buying in bulk reduces the hassle of the so-called "10 Items or Less" register. :-b ;-D

J35J wrote:The Crude Negotiator: Another of our personal favorites, this shopper is the one that will hold up an entire checkout line because they were about to be charged $0.30 too much for their bananas on a grocery bill that is about to total $150.00. Congratulations on holding your ground for the principle of the matter. Meanwhile the rest of us in line are counting the number of items you're buying that could be used to permanently disable you.

I have an aunt who's just like that. She'll fight to the last penny to get that promised discount to set the line back a few minutes.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:02 pm

Nice calls J35J... The Shopping Cart Orphans and the Parking Space Stalker are two of mine as well. :-[

Although every once in a while you see karma raise its ugly head. I've seen people who won't take their cart back (but they move it to somewhere that's still close to their car) and then I get to laugh as they either hit it when they try to back out or it starts to roll and smacks into their car. SERVES YOU RIGHT!!!!! :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:40 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Gee, don't be an ageist, Cu.

OK, so I was on the Santa Monica Freeway the other day, and, wouldn't you know, 20-something Artful Dodger was in the left lane with his left-hand turn signal on for 87 miles! :-b

I even tried to "let him in" but he just wouldn't go! What a waste of .67 minutes! :*)
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CadensDad » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:09 pm

Coppermine wrote:
CadensDad wrote:Another pet peeve of mine is when a female tells me I've heard about you, and they never tell you what they heard. Its just a thing that annoys me alot.

Oh, I've heard about you too CadensDad... ;-7

Or my new recent pet peeve is when I tell the people "What happens at Keith's house stay's at keith's house" I dont want everyone at work knowing the next day

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 27)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk