Pet Peeves - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pet Peeves

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pet Peeves

Postby beatdrum » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:44 pm

Simple..list a few of your pet peeves (by the way, I'm bored)

people typing "your" when they mean "you're"

a girl sitting right next to her boyfriend in a truck (I live in the south)

By the way, I realize that responding with "useless topics" or something like that is perfect for this thread, so if you feel the need, go ahead.
beatdrum
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pet Peeves

Postby TheRock » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:16 pm

People who drive the speed limit in the fast lane. >:#
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Old_Style » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:15 pm

- Misspellings.
- Couples that sit beside each other at booth tables in restaurants.

I've got more, but it would just make me look like an unreasonable person if I shared them all. :D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:53 pm

TheRock wrote:People who drive the speed limit in the fast lane. >:#

People who pull out as fast as they can then drive 5-10 under the speed limit.
Pet Peeve threads on message boards ;)
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Laean » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:44 pm

people who bring babies to the movies then don't leave when the baby starts crying after an explosion. "yeah, good idea bringing an infant to a movie where bombs and bullets are blowing up planes and cars. jee, he started crying? what a surprise." then they got the nerve to stay there like it's not a big deal. hey lady, it's not my baby. get it the hell out of there.

when people slow down to watch an accident on the freeway, causing traffic that backs up for miles. because of your idiotic self-serving curiosity and tendency to feel good about yourself when others are in misery, i had to waste 30 extra minutes of my life on the freeway. oh what? you're doing it because you're concerned about the people in the car accident? so then, you got out of your car and helped them, right? oh no? then shut the hell up. loser.

(yeah, these 2 are real real big pet peeves of mine. i only have these 2 though.)
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Laean » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:45 pm

beatdrum wrote:Simple..list a few of your pet peeves (by the way, I'm bored)

By the way, I realize that responding with "useless topics" or something like that is perfect for this thread, so if you feel the need, go ahead.

i'm not criticizing or anything, but just curious (since i don't live in the south), what's wrong with a girl sitting right next to her boyfriend in a truck? do you mean like in the middle instead of the passenger seat?
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Laean » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:47 pm

Old_Style wrote:- Misspellings.

I've got more, but it would just make me look like an unreasonable person if I shared them all. :D

i'm guilty of this sometimes. but we do it only when the restaurant is not crowded. is that the reason why this is your pet peeve? because it wastes space and forces more people to wait than they would if all couples sat across from each other?
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:55 pm

Laean wrote:

i'm guilty of this sometimes. but we do it only when the restaurant is not crowded. is that the reason why this is your pet peeve? because it wastes space and forces more people to wait than they would if all couples sat across from each other?

What affect would it have on the wait if it's a booth? Either way it's only going to be 2 people in the booth.

Mine is people using "of" instead of "have" in phrases like "would have" or "should have."
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Laean » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:17 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Laean wrote:

What affect would it have on the wait if it's a booth? Either way it's only going to be 2 people in the booth.

Mine is people using "of" instead of "have" in phrases like "would have" or "should have."

yeah, you're right. i read it wrong.

so if that's not the reason, what's the deal?
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beatdrum » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:25 pm

Laean wrote:
beatdrum wrote:Simple..list a few of your pet peeves (by the way, I'm bored)

i'm not criticizing or anything, but just curious (since i don't live in the south), what's wrong with a girl sitting right next to her boyfriend in a truck? do you mean like in the middle instead of the passenger seat?

Generally a pet peeve is something that bothers you for no particular reason or at the very least really bothers you when it's just a minor annoyance to other people. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with sitting next to somebody in a truck, it just really irks me. Scoot over girl!
beatdrum
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk