Lester - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Lester

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lester

Postby Tomahawk Chop » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:30 pm

With Schilling hitting the DL, will this guy get a spot in Boston's rotation?

How does his value project? Is he worth a spot in a 12 team league?

Also, what are his current minor league numbers? (I'd look them up myself but don't know where)
Tomahawk Chop
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lester

Postby dc928 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:52 pm

I just read on ESPN that he should be call up soon, maybe by tommorrow.
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby comm1680 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:54 pm

Lester's Line

He's no longer under the restriction of pitch count. His next start is tonight. He's still getting up to speed from the cancer treatment. The sox have repeatedly stated they want to take their time with him. Kason Gabbard looks more likely to get the call. Lester is a great pickup in a keeper league. I'd wait in a redraft.
comm1680
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:03 am

Rotoworld is saying Lester will probably be the choice to replace Schilling. Consider me intrigued.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby elvis1074 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:03 am

Beckett is having his start pushed up a day and Tavarez will go on regular rest on Monday I believe. That leaves Tuesday to fill which will be Lester's next scheduled start. It looks like they shifted the rotation around so Lester could start that day. They need to stop jerking Lester around and call him up already.
elvis1074
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:20 am

elvis1074 wrote:Beckett is having his start pushed up a day and Tavarez will go on regular rest on Monday I believe. That leaves Tuesday to fill which will be Lester's next scheduled start. It looks like they shifted the rotation around so Lester could start that day. They need to stop jerking Lester around and call him up already.

They're not jerking Lester around. The guy is coming off fighting cancer, and that happened less than a year ago. Its absolutely amazing that he is where he is in such a short time. I think it is a good idea to play it safe, and make sure he is ready before they send him up.

Circumstances do seem to be pointing toward him being called up this time around, but I wouldn't expect a lot out of him. I was kind of expecting them to call Gabbard up as well. Does anyone know when he is scheduled to start next?
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dundeeslugger » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:06 pm

Lester isn't that great of a pitcher. They will probably keep him in the minors all year.
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby checkers » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:06 pm

dundeeslugger wrote:Lester isn't that great of a pitcher. They will probably keep him in the minors all year.

ditto! :t
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:25 pm

He's been struggling a bit as of lately. But all and all, his numbers don't look that bad. He has a 2.4 ERA in 56 1/3 innings, 43 ks, and 18 bbs in that time. But 2 of his last 3 starts have been bad ones. He is still getting back to form. Judging by that, I definately don't think he is ready to come back right now... but I think his stats will get better, and he will be called up before the end of the year, sometime after Allstar break.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WyldStallyn » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:32 pm

i was at lesters outing last friday and he didnt look ready to face major league hitters. his breaking balls didnt seem to be moving that much, so there werent many swings and misses. he also was having some control problems. give the kid some more time to get ready. i think hanseck will get the start, but we'll see
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Injuries & Player Updates