Name your all-star pitchers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Name your all-star pitchers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Name your all-star pitchers

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:52 pm

Nerfherders wrote:You also have to look at which pitchers have to go because nobody else on the team is good enough.

KC - Meche definitely
Pit - Gorzellany
Hou - Oswalt?
CHW - Jenks
Bal - Bedard?
LAD - Saito/Penny
TB - Shields/Reyes

The managers have a tough time with the 1 player per team rule, having to come up with someone, anyone to play for their team. Mark Redman was an All-Star last year for chrissakes!

By the way for the Rays:

Carlos Pena(1B): 4th best BA in the AL for 1B, 2nd in HR to Morneau, 4th in Runs, 2nd in RBI to Morneau, 1st in slugging, and he has 86 less AB
BJ Upton(2B): 4th in avg, 2nd HR, 2nd SB, 6th R, 3rd OBP, 2nd SLG
Crawford: (among everyday OF) 7th AVG, 3rd SB, 5th RBI, 9th SLG,

So yea we have people who could be on the All-Star team, problem is we are not in a big market and everyone knows the all-star game is a homer vote
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AllStar215 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:55 pm

dclark0699 wrote:
AllStar215 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Dice-K should not go to the game

I agree he shouldn't be in the ASG, but its going to happen like Yao Ming in the NBA; All the Asian fans will vote to see Dice-K in the ASG...

I thought the fans didn't vote for pitchers

OOps my mistake then ;D
AllStar215
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dclark0699 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:58 pm

I don't actually know why the fans don't vote for the pitchers. They might just as well.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:59 pm

dclark0699 wrote:I don't actually know why the fans don't vote for the pitchers. They might just as well.

Because pitchers are picked the way it should be, by people who actually look at what that person is doing this year and not just there name and who they play for ;D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:01 pm

AL - Santana, Haren, Lackey, Sabathia, Beckett, Meche, Shields, Garland
Putz, K-Rod, Reyes, Jenks

Meche shouldn't be considered a pity pick for the Royals, he absolutely deserves the spot. Garland gets no love for the season he is having in the middle of the disaster that is called the 2007 White Sox. Verlander will probably take that spot since one of the White Sox offensive names will find a spot.

NL - Peavy, Penny, Young, Lowe, Sheets, Snell, Webb, Hamels
Saito, Valverde, Isringhausen, Fuentes

Isringhausen probably won't make it since Pujols will get the Cards' bid but its too bad. He has been lights out so far this year. Put Cordero in his place. It will be a shame if Snell doesn't get the Pirate's spot although its not like Bay is a horrible choice. Hudson should be there in his place if Snell doesn't make it.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Tavish » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:05 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
dclark0699 wrote:I don't actually know why the fans don't vote for the pitchers. They might just as well.

Because pitchers are picked the way it should be, by people who actually look at what that person is doing this year and not just there name and who they play for ;D

The managers can do just as bad of a job and have shown just as much homerism for their own players in the past as the fans do.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:15 pm

Tavish wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

The managers can do just as bad of a job and have shown just as much homerism for their own players in the past as the fans do.

Yea, but i doubt any manager would pick his whole team.

IMO the all-star team should be 20% fan vote, rest manager and players
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby smoovethug » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:25 pm

American League
Starter: Dan Haren
SP: Beckett, J. Santana, Lackey, Sabathia, Verlander, Bedard, Meche
RP: Putz, Papelbon, F. Rodriguez, Reyes

National League
Starter: Jake Peavy
SP: Hamels, Penny, C. Young, Smoltz, Maine, Snell, Sheets
RP: F. Cordero, Saito, Isringhausen, Hoffman

I have a feeling Shields will get snubbed. I want him there I just don't think he'll get it. Bedard will make it because noone else on his team will. So it comes down to Sabathia or Shields and I think that C.C's seniority will give him the nod. I don't think Rich Hill will make it, so it came down to Sheets or Webb. I think Sheets gets the nod because being in the Central, LaRussa sees him more than he does Webb. I also wanted to get Fuentes on there somehow but I can't see him beating out the veteran Hoffman.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby jfg » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:41 pm

smoovethug wrote:I have a feeling Shields will get snubbed. I want him there I just don't think he'll get it. Bedard will make it because noone else on his team will. So it comes down to Sabathia or Shields and I think that C.C's seniority will give him the nod. I don't think Rich Hill will make it, so it came down to Sheets or Webb. I think Sheets gets the nod because being in the Central, LaRussa sees him more than he does Webb. I also wanted to get Fuentes on there somehow but I can't see him beating out the veteran Hoffman.

That's true. Bedard will knock Shields out unless Tejada gets in. Leyland will give Guillen the nod probably, and I doubt they add another SS. It's not like that 8th starter will pitch anyway though. The nice thing is there shouldn't be any undeserving players. Bedard, Meche, Snell and Jenks all have had good years and even though there might be some pitchers who are a little better I have no problem with them being there.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby smoovethug » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:08 pm

jfg wrote:The nice thing is there shouldn't be any undeserving players. Bedard, Meche, Snell and Jenks all have had good years and even though there might be some pitchers who are a little better I have no problem with them being there.

Yeah nothing like last year's Mark Redman. :P

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers