An owner has benched all of his players! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

An owner has benched all of his players!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

An owner has benched all of his players!

Postby dal8uga » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Ok, check this out...The other day, an owner in my 10 team league, who is in 9th place, benched his entire team. He has a note saying, "I'm done coach, take me out..." Obviously there are not a whole lot of cats people can pass him in, being in 9th place, but there are enough that this screws up the league a little. What can the commiss do, or what can we ask him to do? He hasnt reset his team in the past 8 days. He told a friend who is also in our league, he wants to get the lowest score possible?! Comments, suggestions...?

Special thanks to smoovethug for this awesome sig
dal8uga
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: An owner has benched all of his players!

Postby Oatsdad » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:11 pm

The commish should take all this guys players and have a re-draft for everyone else. This guy's being a jerk and the players shouldn't be wasted this early in the season.

Last year I did have a friend who sat his whole team for the last month of the season to protest some apparent collusion, but this doesn't sound like that situation - and it's happening MUCH earlier...
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dal8uga » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:29 pm

Oatsdad wrote:The commish should take all this guys players and have a re-draft for everyone else. This guy's being a jerk and the players shouldn't be wasted this early in the season.

Last year I did have a friend who sat his whole team for the last month of the season to protest some apparent collusion, but this doesn't sound like that situation - and it's happening MUCH earlier...

Ya, this guy is being a jerk, there is no collusion, all trades this year have been more than fair. I am in favor of a "expansion draft" if you will... Wouldnt it make sense to allow the 10th place guy 1st pick, and work up the ranks for picks? (and no, im not the 10th place guy, im 6th) This guy has Ortiz, Ordonez, Figgins, Posada, B. Hall, C. Guillen, J. Damon, D. Lowe. Its a little surprising his team is doing so poorly with his lineup. He doesnt have the best pitching staff though.

dal8uga
College Coach
College Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:36 pm

Have a serpantine style draft of his players, starting with the person in last place, then next to last, and so forth.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Oatsdad » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:22 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Have a serpantine style draft of his players, starting with the person in last place, then next to last, and so forth.

Yeah, I think that's how the redraft in my league last year went. Two owners weren't doing squat, so the commish split up their players - or at least let us have one from each...
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Jimmy103 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:34 pm

Redrafting won't work because whoever gets 1st pick gets a HUGE advantage over whoever got the 9th pick (hypothetically a 1st rounder vs. a 9th.)

I'd suggest locking the player's ability to change his roster and set his lineup as best you can for the sake of the league. But just leave it as is so there won't be controversy the week you play him about your player selection.

A lil help please:
viewtopic.php?t=301706
Win 2 more and then we'll talk.
Jimmy103
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:28 pm

Just have the commish set his roster and lock the manager from making moves. Then, find a replacement manager. How can someone be worse than this guy in the stanbings??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby talan37 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:36 pm

While it sucks that those players are out if you have to lock him out. The only way I could see a re-draft being fair is if you had to give up draft picks next year to do it and that could be pretty complicated. Just doing a serpentine draft from the bottom up is very unfair in my opinion.. especially considering how far into the season we are.(Imagine if the guy is in last because he has a bunch of slumping superstars who are now breaking out... ala howard, pujols, etc) If you give him another #1 round player it will be totally bogus. Some sort of faab bidding would work I guess... but then your arbitrarily rewarding someone who has saved faab money.

The fair way to do it is to lock his team. If you can get _everyone_ in the league to agree to redraft his players that will be fine as well, but penalizing someone for drafting well, or doing well so far is dumb.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby dal8uga » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:50 pm

thanks for all the help guys, the commish locked his team. hopefully this will make things normal.

dal8uga
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner