check this out - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

check this out

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: check this out

Postby gc2892 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:47 pm

yea only the top 24 starters shoulld be owned but they're not. my league isnt the smartest. and with all the upside dicek has had hes worth my 14th round selection. and he hasnt done a bad job so far. and again i say i didnt offer the trade he offered it to me. some ppl like you apparently dont understand wen and wen not to veto a trade.
gc2892
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby talan37 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:53 pm

Trading borderline ww fodder for first round pick constitutes a vetoable trade for me, sorry. Obviously there are other people here who disagree and you can feel free to take their opinions instead of mine.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby gc2892 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:25 pm

considering your the only one that thinks it's vetoable so far, i will.
gc2892
College Coach
College Coach

Postby roncool11 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:52 pm

No matter how hard or long you argue it is NOT a vetoable trade.

Howard was never expected to repeat last year's #'s by basically everyone.
Trades are not just about how valuable the actual player is they also have to do with team needs.
He needed a player and he needed a pitcher simple as that.

Was it a bad trade...probably but veto's aren't their to stop bad trades they're their to stop cheating. Was this cheating? No. So it should NOT be vetoed.

*BTW no trade is ever 100% "fair"
roncool11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby talan37 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:25 am

I understand no trade is 100% fair, and if he was playing in a 12team league I wouldn't veto it(Because higher end pitching is much harder to come by)(still consider it horrible). But in a 6 team mixed league(where everyone carries 4), pitchers as good as Dice-k can be had off the waiver wire.

This is the 12team league equivalent of trading ryan howard for claudio vargas(or shawn hill, chad durbin, or boof bonser etc etc) or someone else who is WW material, or borderline WW. Which is basically player dumping.

In his league this is the equivalent of trading a 1st round player for a 9th or 10th round player, Straight up. Thats highly vetoable to me, unless there are outstanding circumstances like gruesome injuries, ridiculous prolonged slumps(andruw jones,lance berkman) etc.

Obviously I am not the only person who thinks it should be vetoed, since your league vetoed it. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and I am atleast backing mine up with some reasoning.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby gc2892 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:01 pm

talan37 wrote:I understand no trade is 100% fair, and if he was playing in a 12team league I wouldn't veto it(Because higher end pitching is much harder to come by)(still consider it horrible). But in a 6 team mixed league(where everyone carries 4), pitchers as good as Dice-k can be had off the waiver wire.

This is the 12team league equivalent of trading ryan howard for claudio vargas(or shawn hill, chad durbin, or boof bonser etc etc) or someone else who is WW material, or borderline WW. Which is basically player dumping.

In his league this is the equivalent of trading a 1st round player for a 9th or 10th round player, Straight up. Thats highly vetoable to me, unless there are outstanding circumstances like gruesome injuries, ridiculous prolonged slumps(andruw jones,lance berkman) etc.

Obviously I am not the only person who thinks it should be vetoed, since your league vetoed it. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and I am atleast backing mine up with some reasoning.

actually you are the only one that thinks it's vetoable. no one logs on in my league and the only person to veto the trade was the kid that offered to me so i guess he realized he made a bad trade. still u cnt veto it and it makes it worse that he vetoed it after offering it to me
gc2892
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner