For those looking for keeper rankings.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

For those looking for keeper rankings....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: For those looking for keeper rankings....

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:00 pm

If it's in 2 or 3 years what about Joey Votto? He should zoom up that list pretty quickly. In 2 or 3 years he might be 14/15/16th in that tiny park.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:27 pm

I think Pena should def be on that list. I have watched him all year and he has changed that swing and seems to be only getting better. Rumor has it he may go to the yanks too, which would increase his value, sucks for the Rays if it happens :/
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dooz » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:41 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I think Pena should def be on that list. I have watched him all year and he has changed that swing and seems to be only getting better. Rumor has it he may go to the yanks too, which would increase his value, sucks for the Rays if it happens :/

Are these rumors of a mid-season deals?

It would increase his value theoretically, but I would also be worried about how he handles the pressure (though wasn't he already in pinstripes for a short time recently) of the constant scrutiny. It would be an interesting turn of events, surely.

TB's offense is pretty good though, so I don't think his value would increase that much. Combine a decrease in opportunities because of a drop in the order, plus the increased pressure and I am not so sure that's where I would want a player who just recently has started having ANY kind of success at the MLB level. He definitely would not be hitting in the cushy 5 spot. I am not saying he would necessarily flop but he has finally gotten comfortable in the Bigs, in a TB uniform, which has to be one of the lowest pressure environments in baseball. I wouldn't be extremely confident that his success would continue if he were to switch teams again.

That said, he should definitely be on the list.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby J35J » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:23 pm

dooz wrote:I would slide Konerko down that list. I'll take the upside of Swish, Adrian and the consistency/park of Helton over Konerko all day.

HHmmmm, so you don't like the 40 100 Konerko has given 2 of the last 3 years and the 3rd year was 35/113? You're telling me the 200ABs he's had this year erases all that? I'll take Konerko no problem!

AussieDodger wrote:If it's in 2 or 3 years what about Joey Votto? He should zoom up that list pretty quickly. In 2 or 3 years he might be 14/15/16th in that tiny park.

Votto isn't available right now....not going to be on the list.

deerayfan072 wrote:I think Pena should def be on that list. I have watched him all year and he has changed that swing and seems to be only getting better. Rumor has it he may go to the yanks too, which would increase his value, sucks for the Rays if it happens :/

If I knew he would get 500 ABs next year and beyond then sure he can make the list. Problem is, he is a 30 year old .249 career hitter who has never gotten 500 ABs in a season yet. I'll wait to put him in any list until I know what his future is going to look like.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby dooz » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:56 pm

J35J wrote:
dooz wrote:I would slide Konerko down that list. I'll take the upside of Swish, Adrian and the consistency/park of Helton over Konerko all day.

HHmmmm, so you don't like the 40 100 Konerko has given 2 of the last 3 years and the 3rd year was 35/113? You're telling me the 200ABs he's had this year erases all that? I'll take Konerko no problem!

It's this type of thinking that allowed me to take Fielder a few rounds after Konerko in my keeper league draft portion this year.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers