Best 2nd Half Pitcher and Hitter Sitting On Most Waiver Wire - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Best 2nd Half Pitcher and Hitter Sitting On Most Waiver Wire

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Best 2nd Half Pitcher and Hitter Sitting On Most Waiver Wire

Postby B-Chad » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:26 pm

Hey, thanks for defending the post guys, but the original was a jumbled mess. I'm glad that someone was able to politely point out to me that I needed to go back and edited, regardless, thanks for the defense... good to know I've got some cafe members in my corner!
Anyways, just a couple other players to point out who could have big second half impacts and could be available for various reasons.
Brett Myers: In leagues without DL spots (or possibly impatient owners) Brett Myers could be a vary viable add to teams in need of help in ERA, WHIP, Saves, K's. He also has the added bonus of Starting pitcher eligibility in leagues where SP and RP have seperate starting spots (also a perk to owning Brad Hennessey or Kevin Gregg, at least in Yahoo leagues).

Joey Gathright: Every year people fall in love with his speed potential and keep an eye on him. However, this second half I like him for a variety of different reasons. First off, Reggie Sanders can't seem to stay healthy (surprise, surprise). Second, though David Dejesus and Mark Teahen have starting outfield spots locked up, if Gathright flashes the ability to be a solid table setter, he is likely going to have an opportunity to knock Emil Brown out of a starting gig. Third, the Royals offense is better then people might think. Finally, I love the fact Joey Gathright has tremendously improved his K:BB and can now draw a walk to get on base. If his on base percentage continues to improve (or at least stay where it is at) he could see himself jump into the two hole behind David Dejesus. If he is able to do that he'll likely have Dejesus on in front of him at least giving him some rbi opportunities as well as more plate appearances which will allow him to score more runs and steal more bases.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates