New League 5x5 Roto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

New League 5x5 Roto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New League 5x5 Roto

Postby MDC » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:55 pm

Hallo i am interested in setting up a 12 team league-im from the UK so would be especially interested in anyone from the UK joining or anyone from any other country that follows MLB but anywhere is fine-its free entry which i know may not appeal to a lot of people-i would play for money but then it puts me in a position of conflicting interest as regards running the league to.

Each team will draft 16 players, 9 batters (1B, 2B, 3B, SS, C, 3xOF plus one other player who can play any position u choose who will be recognized as your DH), 7 Pitchers (5 starters, 1 Reliever plus either another starter/reliever however u choose)-again this might not appeal to some having such a small roster but its something different, not to say that im not open to change if there was an overriding want for it though im particularly keen on that style.

It will be a 5x5 Roto, HRs, RBIS, Avg, Runs scored, stolen bases, Wins, ERA, WHIP, Saves, Strikeouts. There will be a "joker" category after the draft where u select a category and the points earned in that category are doubled.

I was also considering splitting the teams into 3 or 4 divisions with the top team from each section and possibly a wild card going forward into playoffs i.e 3 divisions of 4 teams, divisional winner and runner up with best record going into end of season playoffs but again im open to suggestion.

We will use slow (ish!) email draft unless we could get everyone together for a live draft, however more realistically im in favour of email draft.

I look forward to seeing if there is any interest, feel free to email me at mailto:monkey123_@hotmail.com or reply on this thread ASAP so that we can get this thing moving letting me know a bit about urself, where u reside, how much time relistically u would have in the next couple of months in order to ensure we get through the draft etc and anything thoughts or ideas that u might have

Thanks MDC
MDC Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MDC » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:07 am

Nobody at all?
MDC Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:53 am

Hallo this is MDC, i currently have 3 people on board so if you are interested get back to me ASAP!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby MDC » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:06 pm

Hallo!

The league will be on yahoo

I have 5 people on board at mo, 7 more spots available-come on people get back to me ASAP
MDC Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Joining new league

Postby felix » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:53 pm

Greeting from the USA. I would like to join your league. Sounds like fun, and I like the fact that there will be fewer players. It is easier to keep straight. I also like the fact that it is free. I have as much time as it would take to draft etc.
Felix
felix Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MDC » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:12 pm

Hallo felix!

Glad to have u on board!

So how old are u, where u from and what team do u support?

We now have 7 people so hopefully will be able to get the draft going as soon as possible

Feel free to email me anytime @ mailto:monkey123_@hotmail.com.

I will getback to u ASAP as soon as we ready to start the draft

Thanks again, Mark
MDC Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Classifieds