Is Josh Hamilton toast? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Josh Hamilton toast?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Is Josh Hamilton toast?

Postby tecmobowl12 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:10 pm

Just read that article in ESPN Mag, and wow--very powerful stuff. It's a great thing that he's able to discuss his past and present with such frankness. I hope his success story continues.

***** I'LL NEVER forget Opening Day in Cincinnati. When they called my name during introductions and a sellout crowd stood and cheered, I looked into the stands and saw Katie and our two kids -- Sierra, who's nearly 2, and my 6-year-old stepdaughter, Julia -- and my parents and Katie's parents. I had to swallow hard to keep from breaking down right there. They were all crying, but I had to at least try to keep it together.

I pinch-hit in the eighth inning of that game against the Cubs, and Lou Piniella decided to make a pitching change before I got to the plate. The crowd stood and cheered me for what seemed like forever. It was the best sound I've ever heard. When I got into the box, Cubs catcher Michael Barrett looked up at me from his crouch and said, "You deserve it, Josh. Take it all in, brother. I'm happy for you." I lined out to left, but the following week I got my first start and my first hit -- a home run.
tecmobowl12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BJSFAN123 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:07 am

I picked him up and he has already hit 2 homeruns for me in 2 days, what are your thoughts on him right now? I'm starting him against righties but benching against lefties for now. He is only owned in 8% of espn mixed leagues.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 197)

Postby mrkrab2003 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:05 pm

BJSFAN123 wrote:I picked him up and he has already hit 2 homeruns for me in 2 days, what are your thoughts on him right now? I'm starting him against righties but benching against lefties for now. He is only owned in 8% of espn mixed leagues.

You did good, especially if you are in the keeper since Hamilton is the most talented rookie in his class.
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby theclefe » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:39 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:
BJSFAN123 wrote:I picked him up and he has already hit 2 homeruns for me in 2 days, what are your thoughts on him right now? I'm starting him against righties but benching against lefties for now. He is only owned in 8% of espn mixed leagues.

You did good, especially if you are in the keeper since Hamilton is the most talented rookie in his class.

The class of 1999? Josh Beckett and Ben Sheets disagree.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby talan37 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:40 pm

The guy has serious skills, and is 26 so he should be a lot closer to his power potential as compared to other rookies. While he has been healthy he has been very good, but clearly there are some durability concerns.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mrkrab2003 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:42 pm

theclefe wrote:
mrkrab2003 wrote:

The class of 1999? Josh Beckett and Ben Sheets disagree.

Hamilton is a rookie this yr, he was drafted in 1999..

but anyway it wouldnt surprise me if he was a more valuable player than beckett and sheets in a few years..
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers