Billy Butler called up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Billy Butler called up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Billy Butler called up

Postby soty » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:48 am

ActionHero wrote:Noticed Butler was in the 3-hole today. Was this an anomaly or can we expect more of this in the future?
I just noticed that myself. I am not sure if it will stick, but its definitely good news for Butler owners. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:50 am

Billy Butler is the shiznit.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J35J » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:59 am

If he has a solid first few games in the 3 hole he will probably stick, if he struggles at all the next couple days Bell will likely shift the lineup, once again! :-t

As far as the talk about our front office/management.....you won't see me defend them. I do love the aquisition of Dayton Moore though and think he will be one of the better GMs in the league in a couple years!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby Doughhead » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:59 am

What's the latest here? Is Butler still going to get sent down when Sweeney returns?
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:10 pm

Last I heard was that Sweeney had some type of surgery and might be out for something like 6 weeks...
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:46 pm

Yeah, Sweeney will be out about that long from what I've heard, too so it sort of sounds like an extended audition for Butler as far as staying up this year goes. If he continues to hit well then he'll make the Royals' decision more difficult once Sweeney does return. Also, Sweeney is so injury-prone, I wouldn't rule out a longer DL stay for him, either.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J35J » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:12 pm

I wouldn't be suprised if Sweeney was done for the year. With that said if Butler hits well for the next 5-6 weeks or however long Sweeney is out for I doubt they send Butler back down. If he struggles he will likely get sent back down but it would be a bad move to send him down if he is hitting well.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:32 pm

J35J wrote:I wouldn't be suprised if Sweeney was done for the year. With that said if Butler hits well for the next 5-6 weeks or however long Sweeney is out for I doubt they send Butler back down. If he struggles he will likely get sent back down but it would be a bad move to send him down if he is hitting well.

They should commit to keeping him at MLB. They already started his clock too early and he really doesn't have anything left to prove at AAA. Then again this is the Royals we are talking about so I am sure they will find a way to screw it up.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J35J » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:40 pm

Yoda wrote:
J35J wrote:I wouldn't be suprised if Sweeney was done for the year. With that said if Butler hits well for the next 5-6 weeks or however long Sweeney is out for I doubt they send Butler back down. If he struggles he will likely get sent back down but it would be a bad move to send him down if he is hitting well.

They should commit to keeping him at MLB. They already started his clock too early and he really doesn't have anything left to prove at AAA. Then again this is the Royals we are talking about so I am sure they will find a way to screw it up.

While I won't argue too much with the bolded....it is a new regime and I think it will get better from here on out.
Can't get any worse!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers